Jul 1 - 31, 2014 10 restaurants with special menus during Taste of Doral / Doral Restaurant Week!

305-858-0090

2437 SW 17th Ave ( )

Miami, FL 33145-3809

Neighborhoods: Coral Way

Description: Casola's Pizza is a Pizza, Diner, and Deli restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Pizza, Diner, Online Ordering, Delivery, Deli, Good For Kids, Takeout, Good for groups, Chicken, and Wings
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Casola's Pizza

Reviews for Casola's Pizza

4.0

Now that's a slice!

I like Casola’s for two things, their pizza by the slice and their gelatos, which are absolutely delicious…the pistachio is my favorite.

But back to the pizza. If you’re like the average person (at least this average person), you can probably easily eat three or four slices of a Domino’s or Papa John’s pizza, depending on the thickness of the crust you order and how gluttonous a mood you’re in. It’s not a fair comparison either because they aren’t in the same league, but I mention them as a frame of reference. At any rate, don’t make the mistake of thinking you can do the same thing with Casola’s. I’d suggest going to the restaurant and ordering one slice of their New York-style cheese pizza for starters. The thing is so big they cut it into two slices for you…that’s one piece of pizza into to slices. And it’s not big just to compensate for anything, if you know what I mean (just kidding!). But it is actually good! At any rate, that’s your start…your baseline, so to speak. Once you’ve established the size, then you can decide whether you can handle a second or third slice. Me, I can’t do it. One is enough…that and a gelato and I’m set.

There are tons of other things on the menu…huge burgers, subs, salads…and it’s a fantastic place to stop on the way back from the beach. There’s a large indoor dining room and a few tables outside. There is no table service though. There are several cashiers ready to take your order and your money (cash only, although they have an ATM machine inside). You’ll be given a number and you pick up your food when your number is called over the loudspeaker. Don’t worry if you walk in and it’s three-deep at the cash registers. They’ve got their system down pat and it’s really quick.

I’m not a fan of their salads because they consist of lettuce, tomato, onions and lots of PICKLE SLICES…why, I ask you? I’m not a fan of their chicken wings because they’re just plain scary looking…huge, mutant-looking chicken wings from chickens on steroids! but if you like ’em big, then go for it.

We’ve gotten delivery from them and it’s fine, but the pizza is definitely better there. If you’re a fan of New York style pizza…nothing fancy, just good New York-style pizza at a reasonable price, I highly recommend it.

Very Good Pizza!

The pizza was as big as your head and cheap to boot! I would highly recommend this place to anyone that loves pizza and wants a good place to enjoy some at a very affordable price. One slice filled me up, which is saying a lot considering I can put away some food.

Sausage, Pepperoni, and Ham Pizza

Very good slice of pizza. It was as big as my head and packed with plenty of good flavors. If you like all types of meats on your pizza as I do, I would highly recommend ordering this.

Casola's Pizza is located near the cities of Brickell, Little Havana, Pequena Habana, and Allapattah.
People found this by searching for: Casolas Pizza, Casola's Pizza Menu, Casolas Pizza Miami, Casola Restaurant, Casola's Pizza, Casola's Pizza Coral Gables, Casola's Pizza Miami, and Casolas Coral Gables.

Featured in Miami

Nearby Restaurants

Dairy Queen
Ice Cream in Coral Way
Quiznos Sub
Sandwiches in Coral Way

Link to Casola's Pizza

Casola's Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "Best pizza"