Central Michel Richard

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: American, Breakfast, American (New)

Central Michel Richard is a American, Breakfast, and American (New) restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

KimLoke photo

Silver Spring, MD

I liked this place a lot. Even though it's more affordabl...

I liked this place a lot. Even though it’s more affordable and down-to-earth than Citronelle, I would still save it for special occasion eats.

The food was pretty good but heavy at times. We went really wanting to try the lobster burger (seems to be a raved feature in mags), which both my friends got. Had very generous chunks of fresh lobster meat, not pureed or mashed. I got some tuna tartare thing..which was good but clearly not as memorable as the lobster burger. The burger I think was still very rich, a little greasy..my friends struggled to finish it. We ordered the kitkat dessert bar because it seemed popular and it was pretty good, kind of with that wafer-like crust.

I really liked the decor (modern-chi, sophisticated but simple) and the open-kitchen concept, which even if you arent sitting in front of it, you can still gawk when you stroll your way to the restroom.

Lunch time has a palpable buzz ( which was when we went), not so surprising since given its downtown location and popularity with d.c professionals..my friends and i were definitely one of the few tables not in powersuits but we definitely did not care.

jinkwell photo

Michel Richard!

After reading Michel Richard’s Happy in the Kitchen, I was excited about the prospects of trying out one of his restaurants. My family and I wanted a fairly casual atmosphere so we opted for Central instead of Citronelle. And now I have mixed feelings about my first venture here.

The ambience is quite colorful, but LOUD. I had trouble holding a conversation with my mother because our words were often lost in the chaos. But our server was quite nice, though he gave my mother the wrong knife (instead of a steak knife, she dealt with what seemed like a blunt edge). And it took quite some time before empty plates were cleared off from the table.

I will say that the food was quite delicious. The oysters were phenomenal. So much so my sister and I ended up starting the meal with half a dozen and ending it with another half dozen. We each enjoyed the appetizers as well. We had Michel’s charcuteries plate, which featured smooth pate, light prosciutto and two different salumi. I really enjoyed my scallops and tagliatelle. My mother was ambivalent to her ribeye steak. And I managed to sample a bit of my sister’s lamb shank. I’d say the lamb shank was the best out of the three – it fell right off the bone. For dessert, we split the creme brulee, which was…eh.

The meal came up to $200 for 3, including tip. While I felt that $32 for a dozen awesome oysters was fine, the price seems a bit steep for everything else. I usually don’t care too much about the cost of food if the meal is spectacular, but this visit fell a bit short.

American Parking Takeout

Arlington, VA

Bethesda, MD

Central Michel Richard  Restaurant Reviews

Central Michel Richard is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Michelle Richard Restaurant, Central Chinatown Dc Michel Richard, Central Michel Richard Dc Gluten Free, Best Dishes At Michel Richard's Central, Dessert At Central, Washington, Dc, Central Michel Richard Gluten Free, Central Pennsylvania Avenue, Central Richard Richard 0 Dc, and Recommended Central Dc Richard Dishes.