Centro Cafe

414-455-3751

808 E. Center St. ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53212

Neighborhoods: Riverwest

Description: Centro Cafe is a Italian and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Italian, Vegan, and Takeout
  • 7 dishes entered by diners at Centro Cafe

Reviews for Centro Cafe

• 1 review
  • First reviewed by eryngo
Centro Cafe

Wonderful place, fantastic food

I am a pasta freak. In fact, when I was growing up, my mother thought I might have some sort of nutritional deficiency because I couldn’t get enough of it. Well, that hasn’t changed much and so this wonderful place called Centro- serving primarily pasta- has shot up to my Top 10 list!

The food is fantastic; our server Emily was friendly, knowledgeable, very accommodating (I’m going to ask for her whenever I go with a group!) and never lost her smile; Ruth did an excellent job of squeezing in our rather formidable party of 15 (roughly half of their total capacity); the place is open and cozy at the same time; and since the kitchen is smack dab in the middle of the dining room, we watched the sole chef manage an outstanding job of getting our meals out to us in a timely manner.

Bottom line… you should really check this place out!

White Bean Dip

My favorite of all the appetizers we had! But if you don’t like garlic, you may want to steer away from this one.

Antipasto Plate

I was rather surprised by the skimpy portion of meat but the vegetables and cheeses were great… actually, I’d have to say the best goat cheese I have ever had.

Tapenade

I’ve never had just straight-up tapenade… it’s usually accompanying something. But dolloped on the flatbread, crostini and baguette that we had took the edge off it.

Fettucini Alfredo

I can’t say enough good things about this dish! I have friends and family members that are celiacs or are gluten-intolerant, and they all say the same thing: the thing they miss the most is really good bread and really good pasta. Sacrifices have to be made… certain shapes of pasta hold together better, so spaghetti and fettucini are out. Bread crumbles but if you toast it, it seems to stay together better.

Then comes Centro and their fantastic, gluten-free pasta. I ordered the futtucini alfredo (and added broccoli), so it was made with their GF linguini and I couldn’t even tell the difference! For someone that has consumed mass quantities of pasta in their lifetime, that is remarkable.

Down with evil white flour… go to Centro!