410-381-8887

8874 Mcgaw Rd ( )

Columbia, MD 21045-4713

Tags: Thai, Asian, Japanese, Sushi, BYOB, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Cha Ya Cafe

Reviews for Cha Ya Cafe

Awful.

I will never go here again. The manager/owner (whatever he was) was not friendly at all, in fact he was rude. He immediately tended to another customer while he was in the middle of explaining something to me. He also acted like he didn’t want to answer any questions (very snobby for an owner that just opened up a restaurant in a time of recession). To top it all off, the food was very bland and tasted nothing like Thai food. I am so glad I didn’t try the sushi from here.

-1 2

Outlook Not so good at Cha Ya Cafe

I was on McGaw Rd, planning to go the Cheeburger Cheeburger a few days ago when a newer restaurant caught my eye: Cha Ya Cafe, sushi and thai food. The combination sounded interesting so I figured I should try it out. I love sushi and thai, so I figured that this restaurant would be a great place.

Boy, I could not be more wrong. When I got there, the restaurant was virtually deserted and the hostess seemed to be sleeping at the front table. She sat me down and I waited for what seemed like forever for a server to come take just my drink order. The water there tasted unclean, although it may just be Columbia’s water system, but would it kill them to buy a $30 water filter? The hot tea was also only luke warm, I had to request it to be heated up, which the waitress did relucantly.

I ordered a lunch chicken pad thai and an order of tuna sashimi. It took forever for the pad thai to come out. It was also cold and it didn’t taste authentic at all. It almost tasted like spaghetti mixed with peanut butter. Not very Thai.

The lunch special came with a soup, which the server forgot to bring out. When I asked, she returned with an extremely salty miso soup.

The sashimi was also not good, either. It was not cool, it was squishy like it had been in the freezer and hastily unthawed and it was chewy.

This was one of the most unappetizing meals I have ever had. When I asked to talk to the manager, the server said the manager wasn’t in today and could not give me any discounts or refunds.

I will not be returning after this terrible place. I really recommend no one else go, either.

Pad Thai Chicken

Worst pad thai ever. Not authentic, over priced and cold.

Add/Show Comments (2)

Cha Ya Cafe is located near the cities of Spring Hill, Ilchester, Ellicott City, Orella, and Simpsonville.
People found this by searching for: Cha Ya Cafe, Chaya Cafe, Cha Ya Sushi And Thai, Mcgaw Road Restuarants Columbia Md, Cha Ya Columbia Md, Chaya Cafe Columbia Md, and Cha Ya Columbia.

Featured in Columbia