Neighborhoods: Ravenswood
Cuisine: Romantic, American, Tea

Chalkboard is a Romantic, American, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

mareehops photo

Chicago, IL

Although it is somewhat noisy, the food at Chalkboard is delicious ! I had a yummy Char fish which I had never heard of and it was cooked to perfection with a scrumptious sauce. The menu is on a big chalkboard. They have quite a variety of fish some of which I have never heard of. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes are to die for. I liked everything about this place although a little noisy and not much privacy because the seating is pretty close but I would definitely go back. A little pricey but worth it!

Mattjames photo

Evanston, IL

Good, need to go back

Just visited Chalkboard last week for the first time. We had a good meal, and I definitely want to go back. The food was good, but my dishes didn’t end up as great as my friends’.

At the table, we had starters of Macaroni and Cheese (fabulous), pate (also fabulous), and a special – pea & mint soup with a salad and chilled lobster (good, but not quite great).

For our entrees, we had the pork tenderloin (really great), the duck (also really great), the Bouillabaisse (delicious) and the halibut. I had the halibut, and the flavor was really good, but it seemed as if it had sat out a little too long waiting to get to the table.

My only major complaint with chalkboard is that it’s too crowded. There are too many tables in the restaurant (maybe just by one or two) and I found it impossible to be comfortable.

Romantic American Tea

Italian in Loop

Rosebud Prime

Steak in Loop

Italian in Near North Side

Chalkboard is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Chalkboard Chicago, The Chalkboard Ravenswood, Yelp Chalkboard Chicago, Chalk Board Menu Chicago, The Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago, Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago Menu, Chalkboard Chicago Menu, and "Chalkboard Contact" Chicago Nw Suburbs.