773-477-7144

4343 N Lincoln Ave ( )

Chicago, IL 60618

Neighborhoods: Ravenswood

View Hours
Description: Chalkboard is a Romantic, American, and Contemporary American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Romantic, American, Contemporary American, Reservations, Casual dining, Lincoln square, Delivery, Brunch, American (New), and Dinner
  • 41 dishes entered by diners at Chalkboard
  • 1 user wants to eat at Chalkboard
Tips:
  • This wine list is brief, mostly American, and priced well. A $26 bottle of Independent Producers Merlot works very well with much of the menu.
  • Weekends are busy, and service, which is good, might falter slightly. Weeknights are your best bet.
  • There is no valet, but Lincoln can have spots. Do not, however, try and sneak a spot in the Golden Angel's lot across the street--you will be ticketed.

Reviews for Chalkboard

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Yummy

Although it is somewhat noisy, the food at Chalkboard is delicious ! I had a yummy Char fish which I had never heard of and it was cooked to perfection with a scrumptious sauce. The menu is on a big chalkboard. They have quite a variety of fish some of which I have never heard of. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes are to die for. I liked everything about this place although a little noisy and not much privacy because the seating is pretty close but I would definitely go back. A little pricey but worth it!

Add/Show Comments (1)

3.0

Good, need to go back

Just visited Chalkboard last week for the first time. We had a good meal, and I definitely want to go back. The food was good, but my dishes didn’t end up as great as my friends’.

At the table, we had starters of Macaroni and Cheese (fabulous), pate (also fabulous), and a special – pea & mint soup with a salad and chilled lobster (good, but not quite great).

For our entrees, we had the pork tenderloin (really great), the duck (also really great), the Bouillabaisse (delicious) and the halibut. I had the halibut, and the flavor was really good, but it seemed as if it had sat out a little too long waiting to get to the table.

My only major complaint with chalkboard is that it’s too crowded. There are too many tables in the restaurant (maybe just by one or two) and I found it impossible to be comfortable.

July 25, 2009

Birthday Bust - Too much hype for nothing special.

The Chalkboard attracted me with the thought of drinking wine in a relaxed, comfy environment while eating fresh food prized to be local and organic. I have to say I was terribly disappointed for several reasons: 1) The waiter was unable…

Chalkboard is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: The Chalkboard Ravenswood, Chalkboard Chicago Menu, Yelp Chalkboard Chicago, Chalk Board Menu Chicago, Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago Menu, The Chalkboard Restaurant Chicago, Chalkboard Chicago, and "Chalkboard Contact" Chicago Nw Suburbs.

Featured in Chicago

Lisavqme

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by JeffJudge

Note: You have to try the mac and cheese, it will floor you.

Dishes: Mac and Cheese