Charcoal House Restaurant

Cuisine: American, Lounge

Charcoal House Restaurant is a American and Lounge restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

"Friendly staff, nice variety of menu items, generous portions, "
B3in619 photo

La Mesa, CA

Our group went to the Charcoal House recently and went into the bar for some Karaoke. I selected a song from the Karaoke book and submitted my request. Our group of eight started up a bar tab while waiting for my turn at the microphone. When it was my turn, I went up and got the microphone. The DJ asked me “This isn’t a slow song, is it?” I said it was and he said that I couldn’t do it and to “give me back the microphone.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I picked a song out of the book, we rang up a bar bill of over $100 while we waited, and then was told I couldn’t sing the song. How about taking the “forbidden” songs out of the book so there aren’t any misunderstandings? We ended up leaving early because of the treatment we received. So much for doing what the customers request! The DJ actually sang more songs than everyone in our group combined!!

The only thing more unbelievable is I wrote the Charcoal House owner telling him of our terrible evening. Almost two months later, I have yet to receive a response. Not even a “Sorry, but that’s the way we do things now” letter.

So if you are looking to pay a lot of money for drinks and Karaoke, have the DJ take the microphone out of your hand on stage, and can only hear the songs the DJ wants you to hear, this is the place for you!! Otherwise, stay away from this place. There are plenty of other Karaoke bars in San Diego County that want to please the customer.

Karaoke American Lounge
Mon-Thu 04:00PM - 12:00AM
Fri-Sat 04:00PM - 01:30AM

Charcoal House Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 10/10/2013 - A diner from Riverside, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Friendly staff, nice variety of menu items, generous portions, '
  • 11/02/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 05/16/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
Charcoal House Restaurant is located near the cities of Lemon Grove, Spring Valley, and Casa De Oro.
People found this by searching for: Charcoal House La Mesa, Charcoal House La Mesa Restaurant, Charcoal Restaurant In La Mesa, Charcoal House La Mesa Menu, Charcoal House Restaurant, The Charcoal House La Mesa, Charcoal House Menu, Charcoal House In La Mesa, and Charcoal House La Mesa Ca.