China Village

Neighborhoods: Albany
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Catering

China Village is a Chinese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped more than 18%.

jwbnyc photo

Seattle, WA

Sizzling Szechuan Seafood

Just north of Berkeley, the restaurant is in a nice busines district with easy, free street parking out front. The old storefront it occupies has charm and the interior decor resembles what I saw on my visit to Beijing. I was directed here by a colleague who is a connoisseur of Chinese cuisine since I’m in SF with rare time to spare.

The first thing I noticed on the menu was the variety of appetizers and accompaniments – a mixture of traditional Szechuan and some inventions with locally available ingredients. I was confident I was in for a treat, seeing the two dozen or so tables were mostly occupied by Chinese families. One unexpected treat was the lovely waitress who was wonderfully pleasant and helpful.

I came for something spicy – and I wasn’t disappointed – the chef was generous with the Szechuan pepper! The portions here are lavish – sharing an appetizer and an entree should satisfy any two people unless they haven’t eaten in the last 24 hours. I’m reluctant to give a five-star rating based on just one dish, but there just isn’t anything to complain about and the food I had was exquisite.

Spicy Boiled Fish

I asked for extra spicy and the dish definitely packed a punch, yet it carried a variety of flavors and the fish was accented, not obliterated.

Cucumber with Garlic Sauce

A very refreshing starter. The sauce is just pungent enough to overcome the cucumber flavor with a pleasant, striking contrast.

Chinese Delivery Lunch

China Village  Restaurant Reviews

China Village is located near the cities of Berkeley, Kensington, Columbus, Regina, and El Cerrito.
People found this by searching for: China Village Albany, China Village Albany Menu, China Village Solano Ave, China Village Solano Ave Albany California, China Village Albany Ca, China Village Solano, China Village Albany California Menu, and Address For China Village Albany Ca.