Call 1335 Solano Ave
Albany, CA 94706
Neighborhoods: Albany

Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Catering

China Village is a Chinese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25 and tipped more than 18%.

jwbnyc photo

jwbnyc

Seattle, WA
China Village 5.0

Sizzling Szechuan Seafood

Just north of Berkeley, the restaurant is in a nice busines district with easy, free street parking out front. The old storefront it occupies has charm and the interior decor resembles what I saw on my visit to Beijing. I was directed here by a colleague who is a connoisseur of Chinese cuisine since I’m in SF with rare time to spare.

The first thing I noticed on the menu was the variety of appetizers and accompaniments – a mixture of traditional Szechuan and some inventions with locally available ingredients. I was confident I was in for a treat, seeing the two dozen or so tables were mostly occupied by Chinese families. One unexpected treat was the lovely waitress who was wonderfully pleasant and helpful.

I came for something spicy – and I wasn’t disappointed – the chef was generous with the Szechuan pepper! The portions here are lavish – sharing an appetizer and an entree should satisfy any two people unless they haven’t eaten in the last 24 hours. I’m reluctant to give a five-star rating based on just one dish, but there just isn’t anything to complain about and the food I had was exquisite.

Spicy Boiled Fish

I asked for extra spicy and the dish definitely packed a punch, yet it carried a variety of flavors and the fish was accented, not obliterated.

Cucumber with Garlic Sauce

A very refreshing starter. The sauce is just pungent enough to overcome the cucumber flavor with a pleasant, striking contrast.

China Village 1.0
March 8, 2011

Phony Prices Advertised Outside & On Carry Out Menus

First of all, I had consistently found the food and service at China Village to be mediocre at best. The only reason I ever returned at all is that it is within easy walking distance of where I live in Albany or I had to be out doing…
China Village 5.0
August 31, 2010

Great food!

This got to be the best Chinese restaurant in the East Bay. The spices are fantastic and if you like Northern Chinese food this is the place to go to. The quantities are large and we usually take food home. The price is right for a…

Chinese Delivery Lunch

China Village  Restaurant Reviews

China Village is located near the cities of Berkeley, Kensington, Columbus, Regina, and El Cerrito.
People found this by searching for: China Village Albany Menu, China Village Solano, China Village Restruant Menu In Alabany ,Ca, China Village Albany California Menu, China Village Solano Ave, China Village Albany, and China Village Albany Ca.