888-342-2497

200 S Main St ( )

Rochester, MI 48307

Neighborhoods: Downtown Rochester

View Hours
Description: Chomp Deli and Grille is a Smoothies, Grill, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Smoothies, Grill, Burgers, Downtown, Takeout, Good For Kids, Good for groups, Sandwiches, Online Ordering, and Delicatessen
  • 8 dishes entered by diners at Chomp Deli and Grille

Reviews for Chomp Deli and Grille

Loved it.

I love burgers and I like to eat all the burgers I can get my hands on. I heard there was a new restaurant in town called Chomp so I decided to try it out. The service was excellent a young girl at the counter that was very polite and interested that I had a enjoyable stay. I spotted a special spot on the menu titled, “The Specialty Burger’s!” My heart skipped a beat I WAS SO HAPPY! Many different out-of-the-ordinary burgers were offerd and I did not know where to begin. I got the BBQ Burger and fell in love. Another worker took my plate when I was finished and asked me if i needed anything from time to time. The service was excellent the food was spectacular, let’s just say I’ll be in again to try some more of those TASTY BURGERS :P
- Alex Anderson

BBQ Burger

WORTH EVERY PENNY! LOVED IT! JUICEY AND COOKED TO PERFECTION JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

Chomp is Excellent!

Chomp is truly a dining delight every time I have eaten there. Their food is absolutely delicious, always fresh, terrific presentation, and very tasty. The staff is terrific and honestly seems to really care that you have a great dining experience. The owner is pleasant and friendly and makes sure his diners are happy. I can’t say enough about this gem of a restaurant in Rochester. I love their Grilled Chicken MI salad, it’s the best I have ever had. Also their Salmon Quesadilla’s, when they had them on their chalkboard special, were amazing. Going today for their Salmon Salad. Best food, staff and dining experience in Rochester!

My New Lunch Place

I work from home a few times a week and have struggled finding a good place in town to break away for lunch. I think I’ve found my place. Very nicely appointed dining area – my favorite is the counter seating on the window looking out on Main Street. The staff is all smiles and attentive. Lots of variety on the menu so I don’t see myself getting tired of the fare anytime soon.

Chicken Caesar Pita

Large pita sandwich with no skimping on the chicken (so much that chicken spilled out of the pita onto the plate). Just the right amount of caesar dressing (not drowning in it, like most pita sandwiches I’ve had at other places). The parmesan cheese was perfectly subtle.

I also had the peachberry passion smoothie. Very pleased that I was actually able to taste the papaya (which usually gets overwhelmed by other fruits in a smoothie).

Great food

Stopped to eat a chomp for the first time and the food was great. Some of the reviews comment on the service but this is a deli which means you order your food and pick it up, how hard is that concept. Did you really expect to be waited on? I had the hot turkey sandwich which was just fantastic and my wife had the black bean burger which I tried and it was great.

turkey melt

Everything was fresh.

YUMMY Cheese Steak

This was my first visit to Chomp, but I’m sure it won’t be my last. I ordered the Philly Cheesesteak. It was the best I’ve ever eaten. Large portion of steak with mushrooms, onlons and cheese melted to perfection all on a soft seeded bun. All I can say is Yummy…. The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. The restaurant was clean, neat and nicely decorated. I will be going back everytime I’m in town.

Philly Cheesesteak

Yummo!

I had chomp for the first time today!!! My girlfriend and I brought our kids there after dance class. They had the cutest little table for the kids, and they even had some crafts for them to do while they were waiting. I had their veggie wrap, but I added some cheese to it, just amazing! My kids had their cheese quesadilla & grilled chesse with apple slices and milk. Our experience was excellent!

Needs work

Got a spinach & feta egg ‘white only’ omelet. They wanted to charge me a dollar more because it was egg whites only..WTF? Thank god the cook overheard the request, because he shook his head at the counter lady in disapproval. Loved him, even though he forgot the feta.

Overall, this place is so so and needs a lot of work. Very bland and overpriced.

Also way, way overpriced smoothies. No variety. Stick to Beyond Juice on 4th Street.

WAY too expensive

This place was nice on the inside, but, after ordering a cheese burger and fries I was expecting a 8 dollar bill. My bill was over $10 for a slightly better than average burger. I can pay that and get a steak, salad, and baked potato at Outback Steakhouse and get great service. I cannot comment on the service because there was none. You order your food in line, they throw it on the counter and yell out “Cheese Burger and french fries.” I did not know what to do with the tray when I was done with it.

I do see this place having some potential if they make some changes in prices and service.

Chomp Burger

Burger was good. It was juicy and had flavor. Fries were nothing special, but what do you expect, they are fries? Food was not worth the price. They should include the fries or side salad.

Delicious

All I can say is I will be going back to chomp! I had the chicken caser pita when I went. Everything was so fresh, the Romaine lettuce was crunchy, the chicken was juicy, and there was a perfect amount of dressing on it. My husband tried the black bean burger, which came with their homemade salsa which had the perfect mount of spiciness. Although, I did not have my own smoothie, I know they are great! My husband tried the peachberry passion, with mango (the girl at the counter made this suggestion). All their fruit was fresh and flavorful. The co-owner served our food to us and she was nice enough to explain all of the pictures that were around the dining area. Those were great, as we did not grow up around Rochester it was nice to step back in history and see what the buildings were like.
I thought the price was fair, $20 for the pita, burger, soda, and smoothie
I definitely will stop by again very soon!

Chicken Caser Pita

Great pita! Fresh tasty chicken, romaine lettuce, parm cheese, caser dressing, and it came with a BIG pickle.

Meh.

Chomp is overpriced and not that great. I was waiting for them to open after Beyond Juice moved out, but now that I’ve had several items there I won’t be back.

The turkey burger was a standard out-of-the-package puck. Fries, which are run of the mill food service fare, are another $3 in addition to the sandwich. $23 for 2 sandwiches and fries is ridiculous. Service was unpolished and slow.

The smoothies aren’t made from fresh fruit that I can tell, and aren’t as good as the ones from Beyond Juice (which moved up to 4th street – a longer walk now but worth it in my opinion).

I have not had the breakfasts so I can’t comment on those.

Chomp doesn’t seem to have much beyond food out of a package, certainly not what I would expect for the price.

Turkey Burger

The pattie was something from a frozen food service package. Burgers should not have sharp edges. Nothing much else to talk about. If you want a good turkey burger go to the Downtown Cafe instead.

2.0

First Impression of Chomp.

For several weeks, I have passed by Chomp Deli and Grill every morning and every evening on my way to and from work. I was a little skeptical at first, because the last several businesses that shared the same roof, owned by the same guy, didn’t do so hot. But it was a nice day and I had extra time for lunch, so I decided to give it a shot. I walked in and was impressed by the overall style of the establishment. It is rather cute and inviting. However it all went downhill from there.The restaurant is setup much like a soup kitchen. You wait in line, order your meal in the front, and wait in another line to be served your food because there isn’t enough places to sit. Luckily I found a table in the back corner, and immediately set my files and umbrella down to claim it. After playing several rounds of the “line game” a short blond waddled/ pushed her way through the crowd to serve me my “signature” Chomp Burger, and by served, I mean it was dropped, yes, literally dropped from several inches above the table, which not only made a loud smack that startled several people around me, but also unorganized my tooth-picked burger. The worst part was that my “server” didn’t apologize, didn’t even make an attempt to act as if she cared. All she said, in a prissy-attitude tone, “There you go”, and waddled/shoved her way back through the crowd. At this point I am pretty unimpressed by the service Chomp Deli and Grill had to offer, but I had my burger in front of me. I took my first bite… and loved it! Believe it or not, the food makes up for the service by a long-shot. The burger was so juicy and flavorful, I ate the whole thing in under 10 minutes, and its a pretty hefty burger, 3/4lbs! After I was done, I gathered by things and was confused as to where to put my tray. I wasn’t sure if I should leave it on the table, or put it in some collecting bin. I carried my empty tray up to the counter,and believe it or not that same blond showed up, which is wild because there were at least 3 other workers behind the counter, and told me to put my tray down.
Overall, Chomp is a pretty OK place to eat, aside from that b!tchy blond.
If the owner of Chomp is reading this, Id highly consider reviewing doing the service aspect, but keep doing what your at the grille, the food is fantastic.

Thanks for Reading,
Sarah P.

Chomp Burger

LOVED THE CHOMP BURGER!!!…. But ordering it and getting it served is a bit of a hassle…

First Visit To Chomp!

The Burgers are AMAZING! Along with the chicken Strips, mozzarella sticks, and the Smoothie with Pomegranate in it is outstanding! The strawberry banana smoothie is amazing as well. I’ve had my share of “The Best” burgers, and thought to myself that Hard Rock Cafe had THE BEST burgers, until I ate one at Chomp!!! The staff (Sisters and Father) along with a few extra helping hands, is extremely courteous and kind, and more than willing to go the extra mile to make every customers day!

Trust me on this one, I will be returning to Chomp as much as possible for the Great Food, and awesome Service!

Basic Burger

3/4 LB of Beef Burger, which is cooked to your liking, with the toppings you desire! Comes with fries and Everything is Amazing!
They also gave me a chicken tender, and a mozzarella stick to try as well. Outstanding taste and Quality! The owner and his Daughters make up almost the complete crew. They allowed me to try two of their smoothies, the strawberry banana one as well as the Pomegranate Smoothie. Both were amazing, not so sweet, and had the natural sweetness of the fresh fruits they used to make them. Nothing is frozen here, and gets brought in fresh as can be each day! The service is outstanding, and everyone was personable! Great food and extraordinary service! I suggest you try it! you won’t regret the stop in one bit!

Add/Show Comments (1)

Chomp Deli and Grille is located near the cities of Rochester Hills.
People found this by searching for: Chomp Deli & Grille, Chomp Deli And Grill Menu, Chomp Rochester, Chomp Rochester Mi, Chomp Rochester, Mi, Chomp Rochester Michigan, Chomp Restaurant Rochester Michigan, Chomp In Rochester Mi, and Chomps Rochester Mi.

Towne Square Pizza