Chubby's

1720 E Algonquin Rd
Algonquin, IL 60102

Cuisine: Greek, Greek Chicken, Gyros

Chubby's is a Greek, Greek Chicken, and Gyros restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"I went and had grreat service and honestly you pay for what you get pay alot get great food"
"None the place and owner,crabby B.... at the register is rude and a total a- hole this place needs to do go out of business because the ownership sucks "
"I'm not sure where some of these people want to they certainly didn't go to Chubbys the owners him and his wife are always very nice very meticulous I've been going there since it opened and I never really do reviews but seeing some of this nonsense on he"
"This place sucks.. I don't care if they gave away the food for half off or free....The service is soooo f*cked up.. The older women who is probably an owner or manager is the reason.. She's ignorant and rude as hell... She has no business dealing with peo"
"The owners are nothing like one of the posts on here. They are sweet and curious ever time we visit. They come out of the way to stop at the table and make sure everything is good no market how busy they are! Wonderful owners! "
"Quick meal good people"
"Great food good service"
Cons
"everything ,the worst restaurant experience I've had in my entire life and I'm over 40.the woman owner who takes the orders is totally rude to customers and to the employees from what I saw in my brief and final visit."
"Mean owners when you dont know what to order they give you attitude. Me and my family never coming here ever again.The workers were more courteous."
"Nothing"
Comments
"if you want terrible service rude unfriendly ownership and a average meal that's overpriced,then go there but I would recommend you spend your money elsewhere I'm sure you'll have a better time at McDonalds"
"Chicken gyro dinner is fabulous! Love their honey mustard sauce! Highly recommended"
ezg photo

ezg

Woodstock, IL
Chubby's 5.0

Awesome

This place is awesome! So far I have tried the gyro which was very good, and tziki sauce, char dog, chilli dog, and THE AWESOME MEAT BALL SANDWHICH. is one of the best I have tasted in quite sometime. I am like a bottomless pit. I never really feel full at most places. Chubby’s as great sized platters and meals. The people are friendly and attentive to your needs as well as being quick and efficient. I have never had a bad experience here. I will now make this one of my main lunch places. That and the fact that they are more then fairly priced for the amount and quality of the phone.

Meat Ball Sandwhich

Outstanding!

Chubby's 5.0

best chilly cheese dogs I ever had hands down

Great food, low prices friendly services best food in town .

Burgerdogboy photo

Burgerdogboy

Chicago, IL
Chubby's 4.0

Family Fast Food

Chubby’s, in the NW burbs of Chicago, is a ‘mom and pop’ style burger/dog/Greek fast food place. They serve above average quality, cooked to order foods. It’s always amazing to me that independents can survive these days, but at noon, at least, this place is fairly busy, and like most suburban eateries, is surrounded by the big chains.

I went with a plain cheeseburger, at $3.99 for what looks like a third pound patty, built to resemble hand-formed, but my guess it’s a machined patty. While the flavor was OK, with some smoke flavor enhancer added, the texture, a relatively fine grind, was not to my personal taste.

The soft bakery roll, dusted with cornmeal, was amble enough to stand up to whatever one would choose to layer between it.
Will I go back? Yep. I’d like to try some other items on the menu.

Glaurious photo

Glaurious

Algonquin, IL
Chubby's 4.0

Great food and a really lovely environment

Hubby had the patty melt; I had the Ribe-eye sandwich. Fries were wonderful, and I’ve had a craving for the Rib-eye sandwich ever since! It’s only been 5 days, but I’m picking up carry out there for dinner tonight! Try this place!! (Hubby wants another patty melt!)

Rib-eye sand

see above

sydneyl7 photo

sydneyl7

Algonquin, IL
Chubby's 1.0

Threatening Owners, Horrific Food.

I will start by saying that I was a waitress throughout college and thus am a very tolerant customer. I rarely send food back, I tip well, and I don’t blame the server if my steak comes out over cooked. Things have to be pretty bad to get me to complain.
We ordered food-to-go here. I ordered the Greek salad and the chicken and rice soup. My fiance ordered the gyro chicken platter. The soup had a crusty film over it, like it had been sitting out for hours. The crackers that came with it were so disgustingly stale that I can only imagine how many years they had been sitting there. The only thing remotely edible was the salad, but they failed to include any dressing. The chicken gyro was a complete joke. As others have said, the clearly have no idea what a gyro is supposed to look. It also comes with a honey mustard sauce, which is strange and not explained on the menu-we were expecting tzatziki sauce. Ours, inexplicably, came with mayonnaise. The pita was so stale that it broke apart before anything was put on it. The “chicken” looked like the jerky treats that I give to my dog. I have never seen meat that old and dried out. My fiance took a leap of faith and tried a bite. He gagged. I called the restaurant to explain the situation and asked if I could return the food for a refund (it certainly was not cheap-the above ran me almost $30). The male owner began to yell at me, told me that their food is always delicious, used a string of profanities and hung up on me. Living around the corner, I decided to visit so that I could show them the condition of the food. I was met by both the male and female owner, who, before I even got a word out of my mouth, were in my face, screaming about the quality of their food. The female owner was two inches from my face and the male owner was aggressively sticking his finger in my face and sizing me up, to the point that I felt extremely threatened.
The female owner then informed me, in a tone of voice that I had previously only heard on an episode of Jersey Shore, that I have no taste because everyone else loved the food that day. There was a moment of silence as I scanned the completely empty dining room and suggested that I may have been the sole customer in many days. I politely told her that I was returning the food so that they could see how stale and old the food was, and that I no longer wished to eat their food because it wasn’t exactly up to health code. The male owner made multiple remarks about my intelligence because I “didn’t even know what I ordered” as I did not assume that a gyro would come with honey mustard sauce. Fair enough. That doesn’t change the fact that you gave us mayonnaise. Finally, after profanities, name calling, threats and intimidating behavior from their end, they threatened to call the police because “no one comes in and insults their food” and that someone needs to teach me to be a customer. I smiled and agreed that yes, they should call the police, because they may be interested in the threatening treatment I was receiving. Oddly, they didn’t call. They did, however, call me multiple names as I was walking out.
I have never been spoken to like that in my life, let alone from someone in a customer service roll. I will be filing complaints with both the Health Department and the BBB tomorrow. Absolutely unacceptable. How is this place still in business?

Chicken Gyro Dinner

Dried out, leathery meat on a stale pita with no toppings and some sort of disgusting honey mustard sauce. The meat looked like jerky.

Greek Greek Chicken Algonquin

Chubby's  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/02/2013 - A diner from Dundee, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 06/10/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 12/01/2013 - A diner from Carpentersville, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 02/13/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/06/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great food good service'
  • 07/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 09/25/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/27/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 10/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The owners are nothing like one of the posts on here. They are sweet and curious ever time we visit. They come out of the way to stop at the table and make sure everything is good no market how busy they are! Wonderful owners! '
    Cons: 'Nothing'
    Comments: 'Chicken gyro dinner is fabulous! Love their honey mustard sauce! Highly recommended'
  • 10/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 01/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/20/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/23/2015 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Cons: 'Mean owners when you dont know what to order they give you attitude. Me and my family never coming here ever again.The workers were more courteous.'
  • 03/06/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/11/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'This place sucks.. I don't care if they gave away the food for half off or free....The service is soooo f*cked up.. The older women who is probably an owner or manager is the reason.. She's ignorant and rude as hell... She has no business dealing with peo'
  • 05/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/06/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/09/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'I'm not sure where some of these people want to they certainly didn't go to Chubbys the owners him and his wife are always very nice very meticulous I've been going there since it opened and I never really do reviews but seeing some of this nonsense on he'
  • 05/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/24/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'None the place and owner,crabby B.... at the register is rude and a total a- hole this place needs to do go out of business because the ownership sucks '
    Cons: 'everything ,the worst restaurant experience I've had in my entire life and I'm over 40.the woman owner who takes the orders is totally rude to customers and to the employees from what I saw in my brief and final visit.'
    Comments: 'if you want terrible service rude unfriendly ownership and a average meal that's overpriced,then go there but I would recommend you spend your money elsewhere I'm sure you'll have a better time at McDonalds'
  • 06/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 06/20/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/02/2015 - A diner from Cary, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/13/2015 - A diner from Algonquin, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'I went and had grreat service and honestly you pay for what you get pay alot get great food'
  • 08/22/2015 - A diner from Dundee, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 09/04/2015 - A diner from Barrington, IL tried it.
Chubby's is located near the cities of Lake In The Hills and Oakwood Hills.
People found this by searching for: Chubby's Algonquin, What Are The Hours Of Chubby's Restaurant In Algonquin, Chubby Algonquin Menu, Chubbys Algonquin, Chubbys Menu Algonquin, Chubbys Algonquin Menu, Chubby Algonquin Il Menu, and Chubby's Algonquin Menu.