Cibo Ristorante Italiano

3.0 rating over 1 review
301 Alvarado St
Monterey, CA 93940

Cuisine: Gluten Free, Cafe, Steak

Cibo Ristorante Italiano is a Gluten Free, Cafe, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

spam_i_am photo

spam_i_am

New York, NY
Cibo Ristorante Italiano 2.0

Disappointing Italian

Located in downtown Monterey, the restaurant includes a bar area and offers live jazz on Sunday evenings and late evenings the rest of the week.

Decor/Ambiance: Uncreative but pleasant and upscale decor. Plenty of tables. Great for large groups as well as romantic dates. Crowd age ranged from mid-30’s to 50’s. In the restroom they have a recording giving lessons on Italian, which I thought was interesting.

Service: Very friendly and good service. Attentive to keeping our water cups filled, if not our other drinks. I did note a weird occurence when another server, apparently needing glasses for a new set of diners, came over without saying a word and grabbed an unused wine glass from our table and another table and used them for his new guests. Yes the glass was clean, but we had been talking over it, and who knows if we coughed or sneezed or dropped bread crumbs in it? I thought it was unbecoming of this type of establishment.

Overall it was a nice place but food was disappointing (except the house chianti which was very good). There are several other restaurants in the area which looked interesting, so if I’m ever back in the area I probably won’t be coming here.

Fritto Misto

“Crispy calamari, shrimp & scallops with a spicy remoulade” … sounded good but wasn’t. Heavy on the breading and was oily. Flavor was no good. It’s hard to mess up fried calimari, but they did. I can’t recall the last time I was at a meal where the fried calimari wasn’t finished off.

Salmon special

The daily fish special was salmon, grilled with a salsa topping. Nothing spectacular. Fish a little on the dry side.

Calocero

Angel hair pasta in a seafood broth with mussels and clams. I usually love this dish, but this one was disappointing. The pasta was all mushed up in the broth. One of the clams was not fresh.

Anelletti Al Forno

“Pasta rings baked with a tomato meat sauce, sausage, eggplant, bechamel.” The eggplant was good, but there was only a small piece; I was expecting a lot more. The pasta wasn’t very appealing, and I felt like I was eating enlarged Spaghetti-O rings. The meat sauce was OK. Needed to add salt and pepper for flavor.

Downtown Dinner Takeout

Cibo Ristorante Italiano  Restaurant Reviews

Cibo Ristorante Italiano is located near the cities of Del Rey Oaks, Cannery Row, Pacific Grove, Seaside, and Pacific.
People found this by searching for: Cibo Italiano color, Cibo Restaurant Monterey, Cibo Menu Restaurant Monterey, and Cibo Menu, Monterey.