Claim Jumper

626-359-0463

820 W Huntington Dr ( )

Monrovia, CA 91016

Neighborhoods: Monrovia

Description: Claim Jumper is a American, Steakhouse, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Steakhouse, Beer Served, Extensive Beer List, Gift Certificates, Gluten Free, Liquor Served, Open 7 Days, Wine Served, and Delivery
  • 529 dishes entered by diners at Claim Jumper
Tips:
  • Pop by the saloon for the weekly 49er Happy Hour, featuring drink and appetizer specials (Monday-Friday 3pm-7pm).
  • Takeout and catering are also available.
  • Pick up a copy of "The Prospector News" in the saloon--the restaurant's very own newspaper--to learn about the company and to find out about upcoming events.

Reviews for Claim Jumper

Claim Jumper

4.0

Mother Lode Cake!

Who doesn’t love that dinosaur sized chocolate cake, The Mother Lode?

I LOVE the large portions of food!! My left overs are enough for the next two meals at home/work! The portobello sandwich was juicy and delish. The veggie burger really tasted meaty. I actually thought they made a mistake and gave me some sort of meat. Maybe its gouda cheese and caramelized onions. I dunno, but its good. The dinner salads are excellent and the only thing I hate about them is they don’t save too well, so I feel the need to finish the whole damn thing, which leaves no room for an entree. Split it if you can or it makes a meal on its own. The Cali Citrus Salad is my fave, and I usually hate fruit in my salad. They do have entree salads and a really great all you can eat salad bar.

Mac n Cheese, Pot Pie mashed potatoes, pizzas, avocado rolls… It’s all the comfort food you need in one place and in gargantuan portions.
It may not be gourmet, but it’s good classic food and I am always happy to eat here and throw my diet to the wind.
Save room for desserts (I know, I know..how?). Mother lode. Mother lode chocolate cake. And cheesecake is pretty damn good too.

Happy hour is disappointing because they have a plethora of wonderful sounding specialty cocktails, but they are only $1 off for HH. Bummer. Not much of a bargain if the drink is $10. But they do have a very good appetizer menu (calamari, nachos, shrimp tacos, etc) and 1/2 off of selected ones. Well drinks are $2 off. It’s a little empty, but now and then when we want a quiet quick HH with no fancy drinks and some 1/2 off chicken wings, and zuchini sticks we will stop in. The regulars are friendly enough and we have had nice times chatting with the ’tender and whoever may be next to us. For the beer lovers, they have a good selection of beer, but only $1 off. wtf? I go through stages with the bar. I like it for a while then get bitter of the worthless discounts. Minus a star, Claim Jumper! You can do better!

Be prepared for a wait if you stop in for dinner. WAit in the bar and try one their magical specialty cocktails.

VEGGIE BURGER

One of the best Veggie Burgers I have had. The smoked Gouda and caramelized onions atop the Boca patty really make it.
Cucumber, Garlic Mayo, Tomato and Avocado on Toasted Wheat Bread finish it. And a slew of fries leaves you full.

Produce Bar

Gourmet Mixed Salads, pasta salads, potato salads,olives, with a fresh variety of Greens & vegetables. Everything you could possibly need and cheese bread to boot. You will leave really stuffed.

CHOCOLATE MOTHERLODE CAKE

I think its like 6 or 8 layers of rich moist chocolate cake with rich dark chocolate frosting and walnuts nestled into the frosting on the sides. I slice can easily feed three people.

PARMESAN GARLIC ZUCCHINI

Fresh Zucchini Spears Dipped in Breadcrumbs Lightly Fried and Tossed with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic. Very good. Perfect happy hour food.

Appetizer Combo

Something for everyone! Everyone loves the cheese potatocake. Perfect for in the bar. Artichoke, Buffalo Wings, Zucchini, Mozzarella Sticks, Parmesan Garlic
Rings, Loaded Skins, Cheese Potatocake & Southwest Eggroll.

Buffalo Chicken Wings - 6pc

Another great bar choice. Tender. They have a discounted to $4.25 for Happy hour.
Spicy or Mild – Originated at the Anchor Bar, Buffalo, N.Y. Served with Celery, Carrots and Danish Bleu Cheese Dressing

Mino Tomato Basil Pizza

Happy Hour Menu in bar only. Very good with fresh basil. Perfect with beer.

CALIFORNIA CITRUS SALAD

Sooo good. The dressing citrus dressing is awesome, so sweet, tangy, and light.
Iceberg, Romaine, Avocado, Glazed Pecans, Green Apples, Golden Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Mandarin Wedges, Danish Bleu Cheese Crumbles and Green Onions.