310-552-1080

1751 Ensley Ave ( )

Los Angeles, CA 90024-5328

Neighborhoods: Westwood

View Hours
Description: Clementine is a American, Salads, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Salads, Soups, Sandwiches, Bakery & Pastries, Breakfast, Californian, Dinner, Cafe, and Good for groups
  • 152 dishes entered by diners at Clementine
  • 3 users love Clementine
Tips:
  • Be careful on neighboring streets, alleys and lots--it's almost all tenant and permit-only parking and the ticket patrol is in full force.
  • On Thursdays from 3pm to 5pm, the cafe offers an afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, housemade scones with cream and lemon curd, gourmet desserts and truffles for $19; reservations required.

Reviews for Clementine

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by Miffy
QB

Editorial Review by Gayot »

3.0

expensive

More like 3.5 stars. It took me forever to get to Clementine. But finally I did. And then forever to actually get there, I hate Santa Monica Blvd in Century City.

So what do you get for $27 for lunch at Clementine? 1 salad combo of 3 salads of your choice, 1 very small container of shrimp cocktail, and—the reason I finally made it there: 1 Elberta peach shortcake.

Salads:
caprese of large heirlooms, very nice mozzarella: very good.
soba noodles w/ chicken: chicken good, noodles a little bit mushy.
curry-roasted cauliflower: it’s ok, a bit too charred.

Shrimp cocktail:
Excellent! It’s more like a gazpacho, but less soup, more shrimp. They should just offer it as a gazpacho, I’d like to eat more of the soup part. Lots of avacodo, which is great.

And, the piece de resistance: Elberta peaches!!!
Chef/owner Annie Miller adopted one of Mas Masumoto’s famous Elberta peach trees, at Masumoto Family Farm. Then I guess the Clementine staff went to harvest the peaches. Then Miller made them into peach shortcakes.

Elberta peaches. First of all, I like my high class peaches unadulterated. Really good peaches are good all by themselves, they need nothing. So for me, anything done to them just detracts from the heavenly peaches that they are.
But, this is a shortcake. The peaches are barely cooked (a plus!), but with too much cinnamon. The shortcake part is a scone—an excellent scone, which was—is it possible?—moist. The whipped cream is good too.

I guess if I were just rating the shrimp cocktail, and if I could have just gotten a whole Elberta peach, my rating would be an enthusiastic 5.

hmm Craft adopted a tree too. Maybe they went in together. Maybe I’ll have to go to Craft again.

Expensive, but fresh & tasty

I’d been wanting to try Clementine for some time, and I finally went for lunch during the week. It’s cute, casual, clean, and cozy. They also have a small sidewalk patio, which I rather preferred given how loud and too cozy it was inside. Parking is limited with only a small lot and some metered street spots, but the fresh food almost makes it worth the trouble.
Clementine offers a selection of contemporary American breakfast (albeit limited hours), lunch, and bakery items in addition to ready-made foods. What impressed me was how unbelievably fresh all the food looked. The prices are a bit steep, but for the quality of ingredients it may be worth the few extra dollars.

Chicken Chipotle Sandwich

I always worry that the chicken in chicken sandwiches could be very dry, but this was not the case. Quite juicy with a refreshing cilantro slaw, and dolloped with a tasty avocado dressing. I didn’t care too much for the chipotle though so I’ll try something else next time.

Avocado Soup

Despite being served cold and quite tangy, I really enjoyed this cup of soup. Refreshing, cool, and different from your traditional hot bowl of soup. Nice for a warm day.

German Chocolate Cookie

To be honest, the cookie did not look appetizing at all. But with my first bite, I almost couldn’t stop myself from shoving the whole thing in my mouth. It was so chewy, sweet, and delicious.

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Absolutely in love with their roasted beef sandwich. Peop...

Absolutely in love with their roasted beef sandwich. People love their salads and soups, but I usually order the sandwich and some pastries. It can get real crowded during the weekend, but I like to go their on weekday afternoon. They always give me free Chocolate cookie (which is actually really good)

iPhone dining journal

4.0

Always great food but on the pricey side. Need...

Always great food but on the pricey side. Need to try thr grilled cheese next time. The specialty salads are good too.

The Freshest Cobb Salad

Tuna Macaroni Salad

Delicious and creamy

September 25, 2010

Good food for LA but quite overrated.

I've been going to Clementine's for more than 2 years but the service has severely gone down. While the food is tasty (albeit it a tad bland or greasy at times and costly), the service has become atrocious. Always crowded, this pace is in…

Clementine is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Clementine Restaurant Ensley, Clementine Los Angeles Soba Noodles, Clementine Westwood, Tuna Macaroni Salad, Clementine Restaurant Century City, Clementines Westwood Menu, Clementines Westwood, Macaroni Salad, and Soba Restaurantwestwood.

Angelini Osteria