Coast Restaurant

5806 Grove Ave
Richmond, VA 23226

Neighborhoods: Three Chopt
Cuisine: Sandwiches, Shrimp, Seafood

Coast Restaurant is a Sandwiches, Shrimp, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

divjam photo

divjam

Richmond, VA
Coast Restaurant 5.0

Great Seafood, just don't use the bathrooms!

My wife and I dined at Coast on Friday, 1.22.10. The dining room is relatively small, so get there before 7:00PM. The scallop appetizer was perfectly cooked; possibly the best scallops I have had. The Shrimp & Grits with oven roasted tomatoes, garlic sherry cream was delicious. I am not from the South and even I liked the grits!

The mahi mahi was broiled and cooked to perfection with a flavorful side of rice and crispy green beans.

The dining room gets very loud. The service was attentive and competent, although not that friendly.

My only complaint are the bathrooms. The men’s bathroom is literally as big as the toilet (I am not exaggerating). The women’s bathroom is immediately outside the kitchen; one poorly timed opening of the bathroom door and a waiter with a tray of food is a disaster waiting to happen. Minus the bathrooms, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Shrimp & Grits with oven roasted tomatoes, garlic sherry cream

The shrimp were nicely butterflied and very fresh. The grits were chunkier, with a lot of unique flavors. The green beans were cooked perfectly, nicely crispy. The garlic sherry cream sauce was a great compliment to the grits and shrimp.

Mahi Mahi with blood grapefruit glaze

The blood grapefruit glaze (reduction) paired perfectly with the mahi mahi. The Mahi mahi was broiled and cooked perfectly.

Scallops (appetizer)

The scallops were cooked perfectly and had a delicious flavor to them. I am a scallop lover and can honestly say that these were some of the best scallops I have had.

Sandwiches Shrimp Grits

Coast Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Coast Restauranr Richmond Va, Scallops In Richmond Va, Coast Restaurant Richmond, Coast Restaurant, Shrimp And Grits Richmond Va, Coast Richmond Va Review, Coast Restaurant Richmond Va, and Best Scallops In Richmond.