414-273-7677

1947 N. Farwell Ave. ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53202

Neighborhoods: Lower East Side

View Hours
Description: Comet Cafe is a Brunch, American (New), and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Brunch, American (New), American, Delivery, Cafe, Eclectic, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Takeout
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Comet Cafe
  • 1 user loves Comet Cafe

Reviews for Comet Cafe

2.0

Slow slide down hill

I used to love Comet Cafe and no matter what I ordered I knew it would be fantastic, not so much these days. A lot of my favorites are gone from the menu and have been replaced by so-so dishes. On our last visit I ordered the special mac and cheese with chicken and it was just bland. My dining partner ordered a burger and that was tasty and I was stuck with a blah meal. I took the leftovers home and threw them out when I realized it was not going to improve with age. Doubt I will be back.

4.0

A guilty pleasure

This is definitely not the place to come if you are watching your cholesterol, but oh so good! The place is small, the parking is nonexistent but the food is worth it! Vegan-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, carnivore-friendly!

Reuben

I have come to realize that it really is possible to mess up a sandwich that only has five ingredients. Since The Bridge at Marshall Field’s is gone and Ciao Cafe has closed, I have been on an on-again, off-again quest for the perfect reuben! This was not it, but still worthwhile.

AJ's Compact Turkey Dinner

Ever try something out of sadistic curiosity? Turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes formed into a ball, battered, deep fried and smothered in gravy.

Vegan Deep Fried Ribs

If I didn’t know they were vegan, I may not have noticed! The flavor is terriffic… the texture was a little off but barely noticeable.

Comet Bloody Mary

Made with a touch of Guinness and garnished… amongst other things… with bacon! Need I say more?

4.0

Good brunch & good service

I went to the Comet Cafe for the first time today. They do not accept reservations so my group of 7 had a 30 minute wait for a table.
But once we were finally seated, the service was fast. Come prepared to eat because the portions are healthy.
Everyone at the table had something a little different and each person liked their choice/meal.
They also serve brunch until 3pm which is a lot later than most.
I recommend you give Comet Cafe a try!

BELT

A BLT with a fried egg, what more could you ask for. It came with hash browns which were delish.

May 5, 2013

awesome place, great atmosphere and really cozy. Love their coffee.

People found this by searching for: Comet Restaurant Milwaukee, Comet Cafe Menu, The Comet Cafe Milwaukee Wi, Comet Restaurant In Milwaukee Wi, Thecometwisconsinfullmenupictures, Comet Restaurant, and Comet Milwaukee Restaurant.

Featured in Milwaukee