Commander's Palace

Neighborhoods: Garden District
Cuisine: Contemporary, Cafe, Breakfast

Commander's Palace is a Contemporary, Cafe, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

NC_Chevalier photo

Raleigh, NC

4 of 5 stars: minor flaws

The downstairs is sleek, new and ultra-modern. The upstairs is quaint, old-fashioned and is in need of some minor repairs.

Can’t beat the food. Love the jazz brunch.

I’ve seen some complain this is pricey: I disagree. You want pricey? Try Restaurant R’evolution or August!

About $40 per person before gratuity (jazz brunch ordering a la carte).

(see explanation of ratings below)

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until menuism realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, menuism’s rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish menuism would do the same):

1) fast food (no table service)

2) casual dining (table service)

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV’s in dining room, typically more expensive than casual dining)

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

emig00 photo

New Orleans, LA

Service and food is exceptional!

This is best place in the city to go for a special occasion. I had my bday here and my mother could not make it and they had a card and champagne from my mother waiting at the table with balloons. The service is wonderful and the food is superb!

Turtle Soup

Pecan Crusted Gulf Fish

Contemporary Cafe Outdoor seating

Commander's Palace  Restaurant Reviews

Commander's Palace is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: Commanders Palace Menu, Discomander Palace Newtance Between Cities, Commanders Palace, Commander's Palace Prix Fixe, Commander's Palace, Commanders Palace New Orleans Exterior Pictures, Commander's Palace Dress Code, Official Commanders Palace Menu, and Commander's Palace Reviews.