570-523-3211

U.s. 15 & Hafer Rd ( )

Lewisburg, PA 17837

Description: Country Cupboard Restaurant & Shops is a Buffet and Family Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Country Eating, Buffet, and Family Dining
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Country Cupboard Restaurant & Shops

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%    Service: 100%    Ambiance: 100%
Pros

• "Kid friendly and not rushed."

Reviews for Country Cupboard Restaurant & Shops

Delicious Food!

The Country Cupboard is lovely both inside and out. It has ample parking and plenty of seating; a large and varied menu, and Buffet.

My husband was taking me out for dinner, for Valentine’s Day, the day after Valentine’s Day; with noplace special in mind. I headed for Lewisburg, because I had never been there before. It began to snow pretty hard, and we noticed The Country Cupboard. I knew nothing about it, but decided to have an early dinner, due to the sudden weather conditions.

As it turned out, we could not have made a better choice. Since it was a weekday, and early; it was not crowded. We were seated at a private kind of table in a very attractive location; where we could see it snowing outside. The service was beyond compare.

We had pork chops and roast beef, with mashed potatoes and stuffing, side salads, and refills on our rolls and muffin assortment. The portions were large and everything we had was homestyle and delicious. Even the coffee was excellent!

If you don’t mind the prices, The Country Buffet is an excellent choice for dinner. I consider the dinner prices far to high, for general dining; but fine for a special occasion.

The shops are very nice, but quite expensive as well.

4.0

Country Cupboard

While visiting in Lewisburg, PA, my family and I stopped to get a bite to eat. The Country Cupboard was located right off the main Highway, very convenient location. The building was well maintained, and landscaping was exceptional, giving a very ├Žsthetic feel.
We were greeted and seated at a table for 4, there were 3 of us. The table was somewhat small for 4 people to sit at leaving very little room for you to eat in comfort. The place was rather busy and packed for a Thursday afternoon around 2 P.M. We were offered drinks, while given the chance to review the menu. Once the menu’s went down, someone was there to take our order, although I have had faster service at other places, I can not fail them on time to take the order it was very reasonable for the amount of customer flow they were presented with.
Two of us choose the buffet and the 3rd person selected a Fruit Salad dish. The Fruit Salad was fresh and delicious and very reasonably priced at 6.49. The buffet had plenty of variety in the selection, from pork, to poultry, to beef, with many side dishes including twice baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, with a wide selection of soups and desserts. I must say the buffet was well adorned and the food was fresh and didn’t stay long enough to go past an expiration since the customer ratio was supportive of the demand.
While Country Cupboard’s menu is somewhat pricey for a meal, at I beleive 12.99 you have to consider the area and for that general area it is appropriately priced. I would love to see the price drop on the buffet to a simple 8.99 so that they are somewhat more competitive with other area restaurants, yet if they were to do that the customer flow may rise higher than they can handle. Most of the prices are slightly higher than the area competition, but then this is HOME cooked food. not frozen prepared food. Well worth the extra. Although if you read up on the history the place opened to provide the area with home cooked meals with a .99 cent Broasted Chicken dinner 30 years ago, they have come a long way and the prices have kept up with the times

buffet

The buffet included Ham, fried chicken, turkey, fish. Then there was fresh salad, homemade rolls, steamed vegetables, homemade soups and breads, desserts and beverage.

Garden Blend Rice, Creamed Cabbage, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Lima Beans, Potato Salad, Applesauce, Baked Corn, Mashed Potatoes, French Fried Potatoes, Twice Baked Potato, Macaroni Salad.

Soups included Chicken Noodle, Cream of Potato, Wisconsin Cheese, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese.

The desserts included Fruit & Cream Pies, Lemon Sponge & Lemon Meringue Pies, Rice Pudding, Bread Pudding, Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt, Chocolate cake too many more along with sticky bunns
The list goes on and on, but that gives you a good idea of the variety, that on top of a clean setting! I should give it a 5 but the small table makes it difficult to bend on that comfort is important when eating out.

Country Cupboard Restaurant & Shops is located near the cities of Montandon.
People found this by searching for: Country Cupboard Baked Corn Recipe, Country Cupboard Menu, Country Cupboard Lewisburg Pa, Country Cupboard Restaurant Menu, Country Cupboards Baked Corn Recipe, Country Cupboard Corn Casserole, Country Cupboard Recipes, Recipes From The Country Cupboard Lewisberg Penna, and Country Cupboard Menu Lewisburg Pa.

Dean's Wings & Things