Coyote's Mexican Grill

2730 E College Ave
Decatur, GA 30030

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Coyote's Mexican Grill is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

Overall
Pros
"Good food for price. Nice portions. Ok service"
"Fast service, decent food"
"flan is good"
"Friendly staff"
"Decent food for the price. In the samenprice range as El Toro, Los Loros, ect. but with slightly better food, more menu items, and more traditional Mexican style meals."
"Good selection of dishes with all the standards. Two of the special shrimp dishes are great. Service is sometimes slow."
Cons
"On line menu"
"Atmosphere "
"Service is sometimes slow. Cannot find online menu."
fooddoctor photo

fooddoctor

Atlanta, GA
Coyote's Mexican Grill 4.0

Carne Asada Tacos...Delish

While dining there we had the Carne Asada tacos. The steak is tender and served with a delicious green sauce. Coyotes also has a good selection of margaritas. Service is fast. Friday nights they have a mariachi band.

shanaqua24 photo

shanaqua24

Decatur, GA
Coyote's Mexican Grill 1.0

Worst Experience of My Life

I’m writing this with a heavy heart. I’ve eaten here with my family for years with no problems, but today was the worst experience of my life. I was called a black bitch in Spanish in front of my 8 and 9 year old daughters after patiently waiting for two hours for food that we never were served.

Me and my two daughters went here for dinner today May 5th, 2015 at 7:30pm. We sat down outside and ordered our food and drinks and was told by the waiter that there was a 30 to 45 minute wait for the food due to the holiday. So, we waited and at 9:30pm we never received food. During our wait I watched as other people sat down, ordered their food and they received their food within 20 minutes of sitting down. So, I went inside spoke with waitress and asked for the manager. The manager never came out, so I asked another waitress and she told me in perfect English that she didn’t speak English. At that point my waiter comes up to me and asked me if I still wanted my food. I respectful said no, and told him I wanted to pay for my drink and I wanted to speak with the manager or the owner. I paid for my drink which should have been $10 plus tax. Instead I was charged $16.38. At this point it was 9:45pm and nor did the manager or owner come out of the kitchen to speak with. So, I asked a different waitress to speak with manager or owner I was then told that he wasn’t going to come out and speak with me, she then proceed to call me a black bitch in Spanish in front of my daughters. Her exact words were “no eres más que otra perra negro” which means you’re just another black bitch. Knowing what she had said and not wanting to cause a scene I calmly walked out, got in my car and drove away. So, here I am writing this.

Never in my life have I ever been so disrespected. I’ve been a loyal customer for years. I will never eat here again, and I’m contacting the Better Business Bureau to report this matter. This place doesn’t deserve 1 star. Racism is not dead! Beware of this place.

2 kids waters and a regular Frozen margarita

not good

Mexican Lunch Parking
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun 12:00PM - 10:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM

Coyote's Mexican Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/08/2013 - A diner from Ellenwood, GA tried it and liked it.
  • 04/10/2013 - A diner from Riverdale, GA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/18/2013 - A diner from Hiram, GA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/15/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 06/28/2013 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 07/31/2013 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good selection of dishes with all the standards. Two of the special shrimp dishes are great. Service is sometimes slow.'
    Cons: 'Service is sometimes slow. Cannot find online menu.'
  • 08/05/2013 - A diner from Decatur, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/07/2013 - A diner from Mc Intosh, AL tried it.
  • 09/04/2013 - A diner from Decatur, GA tried it.
  • 09/22/2013 - A diner from Decatur, GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 10/05/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/09/2013 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/16/2013 - A diner from Decatur, GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 11/25/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/04/2014 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Friendly staff'
  • 05/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/08/2014 - A diner from Franklin, MA tried it.
  • 06/15/2014 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'flan is good'
  • 09/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Fast service, decent food'
    Cons: 'Atmosphere '
  • 01/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/29/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/06/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/11/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/29/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food for price. Nice portions. Ok service'
    Cons: 'On line menu'
  • 05/05/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/05/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Coyote's Mexican Grill is located near the cities of North Decatur, Avondale Estates, North Druid Hills, Scottdale, and Druid Hills.
People found this by searching for: Coyotes Decatur, Coyote Grill Decatur Menu, Coyote+Decatur, Coyotes Decatur Menu, Coyote Mexican Grill Menu, Coyote's Mexican Grill Decatur, and Coyotes Mexican Grill Decatur Ga.