803-323-5000

295 Herlong Ave. ( )

Rock Hill, SC 29732

Description: Culina Modern Comfort Food is a Comfort Food, Global, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Comfort Food, OpenTable, Reservations, Way over rated!, Global, and International
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Culina Modern Comfort Food

From OpenTable:

Culina is independently owned and operated. Culina is a certified green operation.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Culina Modern Comfort Food

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by Sheena1

4.0

Delicious food... interesting format

First I will say that as a resident of Rock Hill, there are tons of restaurants but the vast majority fall into the categories of either Fast Food, Mexican, Asian, or Steakhouse. It is refreshing to have a different choice. I hope this place has a long future in Rock Hill

I thought the place felt a little dark and empty. Not a ton of seating, but they do have a bar. Service was decent. Felt laid back.

They have some nice beers on draft, I had a red ale from NoDa brewery in Charlotte. It is hard to find craft brew on draft (even in this day and age) without going to bars that have 20+ taps so kudos to them.

I intend to check out their lunch menu when I have a chance, some of the sandwiches looked great, and my wife wants to have brunch there sometime. The only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars is that some of the “Share plates” as they are called on the dinner menu, are priced too high in my opinion at $14-16 to not include some kind of side to just be a stand -alone meal.

Apple Caramel Salad

I thought the Korean Pork Belly was delicious. It came as two sandwiches, a bit larger than sliders. Sweet but spicy glazed pork, with a Jicama slaw which was new for me. I would order this again and again. I do wish it just automatically came with a side and was a meal on unto it’s own though. My wife and I shared it along with a salad and the steak skewers. The steak was ok, a bit paltry on it’s own though.

The Caramel Apple Salad was also delicious. It was a decent size, was much better than I was hoping for, as the subtle caramel and candied pecans worked well with the greens. The pancetta was a nice touch.

First and last visit

I was very let down by the small portion size. The prices were higher than I thought given the location. The music was loud. Our table looked like it was a basement bargain special- all scuffed up. And what’s up with the loud drunk women at the bar- oh, maybe that’s why they turned the music up- to drown out their blabbering!
My group won’t be back.

Excellent

Fantastic food and excellent service. The bad reviewer should have gone to Golden Corral.

Don't Bother

Scrawny chicken breast,maybe three or four bites.Nothing special.No bread or sides except cole slaw.For $14.00 you can do much better.If you go after reading this,it’s your own fault.Pork tacos had too much fat on the meat,as well.Still hungry afterwards and went next door for a pizza.

Add/Show Comments (1)

-1 0

Culina, Rock Hill, SC

Went there for brunch on Sunday, November 25, 2012. It was very good. I got Eggs Benedict and my daughter got Chicken and Waffles with Cheerwine Syrup and both dishes were very good and the service friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends. I do wish they would put a menu online.

Eggs Benedict

The hollandaise sauce was just right. It was no over powering. It complimented the dish and the eggs were cooked to perfection. The potatoes that came with the meal had a good flavor.

People found this by searching for: Culina Restaurant Rockhill Sc, Culinos, Rock Hill, Sc, Culina Restaurant Rock Hill Sc, Culina Rock Hill, Sc, Owner Of Culina Modern Comfort Food Rock Hill Sc, Culina Rock Hill Sc, Culina Rock Hill Sc Menu, Culina, Rock Hill, Sc, and Culina Rock Hill.

Olive Garden
golden china
Five Guys
Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt

Link to Culina Modern Comfort Food

Culina Modern Comfort Food  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Very friendly and the food was top quality at an affordable price! "
  •  "Very unique for a small town "