Davia

6-09 Fair Lawn Ave
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-1226

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Davia is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Everything is good! "
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...early bird special "
Cons
"Nothing"
Comments
"It is nice restaurant the food an attention is good."
83173 photo

Rochelle Park, NJ
Davia 1.0

davias will not honor your reservation

i just got through cancer and my husband decided to make reservations for us at davias – he spoke to bill and michelle about the reservation and it was all confirmed. when we arrived at our RESERVATION time, we were very rudely told that we did not have a reservation and were turned away – we felt like we were in a Seinfeld episode – just to warn others – if the owners of davias tell you that you have a RESERVATIONYOU ONLY HAVE A LINE OF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE A BIG BUNCH OF LIARS WHO DON’T CARE IF YOU’VE BEEN THOUGH HELL AND WANTED TO CELEBRATE AT THEIR RESTAURANT. THEY ARE HEARTLESS PEOPLE WITH BIG EGOS!!!!!

debinn photo

debinn

Ridgewood, NJ
Davia 1.0

An unpleasant experience

I visited with my husband and son. My first impression wasn’t great as we waited in the entry for some time before even being acknowledged. Once we were, we were mistaken for a being with the couple standing next to us that was part of a large party, and we were left unattended again, while their 7 top was prepared by the greeter. (I later learned this was the owner) I finally had to interrupt to ask if we needed a reservation, and then we were finally seated. The fried calamari appetizer tasted frozen and was greasy. We had to endure listening to a staff member extend her full opinion of homosexuals to the people at the table next to us. Lastly, I did not enjoy my risotto with vegetables, scallops and shrimp. When the waiter asked what was wrong, I explained that the seafood had a strange charred flavor and the risotto was not prepared as I was accustomed to. In fact, the scallops did not taste fresh and the black greasy specks on the scallops and shrimp tasted like ash. The risotto was a clumped mess, not at all smooth and creamy as it should be. The waiter apologized & took my plate. At that point, the “greeter” I mentioned earlier, came to the table and told me in few words that my taste was off, the chef uses imported risotto, they sold 20 of these dishes with no complaints, and then stormed away without even waiting for a response. I learned from the waiter, that this woman is the owner. Her inability to question what I felt was off, engage me in a dialog, or show common courtesy, instead blaming me and my taste buds for a meal I did not enjoy, was extremely rude and unprofessional. I think this owner needs to re-think how she deals with her customers, including the people that are not regulars that were clearly doted on. I was stunned and hurt by her rude behavior. The waiter apologized but she did not come back into the dining room and I left, angry, insulted and hungry. This restaurant needs to be reviewed again.

Chicken Marsalla

My husband ordered this. We’ve had better at our local pizza place. The chicken was too thinly cut and overcooked.

Italian Good For Kids Catering

Davia  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/17/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 09/14/2013 - A diner from Elizabeth, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Bergenfield, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...early bird special '
  • 12/25/2013 - A diner from New York, NY tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 02/19/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 03/01/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 04/24/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Everything is good! '
    Cons: 'Nothing'
    Comments: 'It is nice restaurant the food an attention is good.'
  • 09/16/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 09/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 10/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 11/22/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/01/2015 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 01/16/2015 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 03/01/2015 - A diner from Flushing, NY tried it.
  • 03/04/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/18/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 04/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Davia is located near the cities of Hawthorne, Glen Rock, Prospect Park, Monsey, and Elmwood Park.
People found this by searching for: Davia Restaurant, Davia, Davia Restaurant Fair Lawn Nj, Davia's Fair Lawn, Davia Fair Lawn Nj, Davia's Fair Lawn Nj, and Davia Fair Lawn.