954-428-7035

956 S Federal Hwy ( Between SE 10th St and SE 7th Ct )

Deerfield Beach, FL 33441-5754

View Hours
Description: Direct From Philly is a Cheesesteak, Subs, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Cheesesteak, Subs, Dinner, Vegetarian, Breakfast, Online Ordering, Wings, American, White Plate Special, and Deerfield
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Direct From Philly

Reviews for Direct From Philly

Direct From Philly

Direct From Philly is the REAL DEAL!

One of my bloggers was kind enough to tip me off about this place, Direct From Philly. He wrote “…a place in Deerfield Beach that is actually inside a gas station called Direct From Philly.” That was enough for me to want to try this place out!

If you remember my post about Big Al’s Steaks in Boynton Beach some time ago, I stated that I have never been to Philly and never ate at Pat’s, Geno’s, or any other eatery that claimed to have the Best “original” Philly Cheesesteaks. So, authenticity aside, I have to say that Direct From Philly makes a helluva good philly cheesesteak sub.

The place is easily accessible because it’s only about a half mile away from I-95 at the 10th street exit, east to Military and south about an eigth mile. Because it is actually inside a Chevron gas station I am surprised that it hasn’t caught the attention of The Food Network’s DDD (Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) Guy Fieri.

Steve, the enthusiastic and charismatic owner, explains how he only uses top grade shaved ribeye, Amoroso “direct from Philly” sub rolls, and all fresh ingredients. The Whiz is the real stuff evidenced by the stacks of unopened cans that adorn the small ordering area.

Direct From Philly has a small menu, which is a plus. It gives them the ability to concentrate on what they do best. Too many places think they need 300 items on the menu to be successful. Just ain’t so. “Do what you do and do it the best and the world will beat a path to your door!” I think that’s a combination of two quotes stuck together.

They have a few stools and a counter for people to eat on the spot but most business is either via delivery or “to go” as mine was. Direct From Philly knows how to pack your order so it stays hot until you’re ready to bite in.

When I unpackaged my “to go” order, about twenty minutes after leaving the gas station, I was rewarded with a juicy, still piping hot sandwich expelling the aroma of just cooked steak. I ordered mine Whizzed, “wit” grilled onions and added fresh grilled mushrooms and the first bite was bursting with flavor. The second bite was even better and by the third bite I was already planning my next trip to Direct From Philly! The Whiz was just the right amount. Enough so that it coated my lips with each bite and didn’t run out of the roll and onto my shirt. Kudos to Dave the grill top chef.

If you like a delicious tasting steak sub, “wit or witout,” whiz, cheese, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and etc. you MUST make it over to the Chevron and grab a sub, Direct From Philly.

While you’re there you can fillup with hi-test and buy a lottery ticket. But for sure say hello to Steve and tell him you read about it at www.WhitePlateSpecial.com

Direct From Philly

The best cheesesteaks you can find outside of Philly

This place is awesome! Its located in the back of a little gas station. The people who work there couldn’t be friendlier, they are extremely accommodating, especially considering it is in the back of a gas station. It is, however, absolutely spotless and clean. The Cheesesteaks are nothing short of incredible. The Whiz cheese is the same cheese that they use in Philly. The Meat is nice and moist, and not over cooked, and it’s on an awesome roll ,and it is all reasonably priced. By far the best Cheesesteak one can find in South Florida. You would be doing yourself a disservice to go anywhere else. You have to check this place out it is awesome!!!

Cheesesteak

The Real Deal

There isn’t a cheesesteak shop like this in South Florida. I guarantee it.

Cheesesteak

The bread is like no other bread place I have ever had. The steak melts in your mouth. This place is perfect.

July 31, 2014

Great Food! Very Tasty "Wiz-Wit" Speedy delivery, Driver Jonas is a cool guy!

September 13, 2012

OMG, WOW, I never expected to have the best Philly Cheesesteak in Deerfield Beach, Florida.\r But I did. The cheese steak was outstanding. Great steak and onions perfectly prepared; the roll was the real deal from Amoroso's DIRECT from…

August 11, 2012

Okay...let me preface by telling you that this place is located inside of a gas station. That didn't change my decision on testing things out...sometimes the hole-in-the-wall's or dives are the best places! Subs, Philly's, Wings,…

Direct From Philly is located near the cities of Hillsboro Beach, Boca Raton, and Lighthouse Point.
People found this by searching for: Best Philly Steak Sandwiches South Fl, Direct From Philly Boca Raton, 1201 S. Military Trail, Direct From Philly, Beat Steak And Cheese Sandwich In Boca Raton Fl, Direct From Philly Deerfield, and Direct From Philly Deerfield Beach.

Link to Direct From Philly