Call 1045 S Reynolds Rd
Toledo, OH 43615-7002
Neighborhoods: Reynolds Corners

Cuisine: American, Traditional, Pub Food

Dolly & Joe's is a American, Traditional, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Very good beef vegetable soup."
"Stea"
dollheart2 photo

dollheart2

Dolly & Joe's 4.0

Dolly and Joes

We saw the ad in the newspaper and decided to give this place a try. I hadn’t been there in years. Apparently they are under new ownership. The place wasn’t busy, but it should have been. Excellent food and service. I had the ribeye. My husband had the perch and my parents had family style chicken. My son had pork chops. Everyone was happy. We will go back soon.

Ribeye

Tender, cooked perfectly, light seasoning. It came with 2 sides. I got french onion soup and shredded hash browns with cheese.

jerry18 photo

jerry18

Dolly & Joe's 4.0

Good food

I went for the family style chicken and dressing for 2. A huge plate of chicken came out very hot and moist. It came with real mashed potatoes and dressing. The salad was cold and had a lot of toppings. The waitress told us the ranch dressing was homemade and it was wonderful. Over all it was a good experiance.

Fried Chicken

marif photo

marif

Dolly & Joe's 2.0

Back in Business, but Slow start up...

Decor was as expected for this old favorite. Lot’s of good memories.
Need coordinated; experienced help in kitchen.
Waitress, inexperienced, obviously.
Ours didn’t note on her pad our prep preferences, that one cod entree be sauteed, and the other cooked with lemon, and not have breading on it.
She came to our table an hour after our order, to remind us that those were the only two ways the chef was preparing the cod,,,,and so we reminded her that’s the way we already ordered our dishes, Hmmm, that…the long wait over an hour, and no garnish? yike.
About 12 hrs later, I was back and forth in the restroom at home.

Give it till maybe December to let the restaurant catch up to the level it advertises itself as and they have people in place to run that kitchen. Hopefully by then everyone will be functioning to the level they should be, together. The Head Chef needs to be replaced or educated more..We in Toledo may eat out often but nothing gets by the palate here.

If you want to price the menu at 3 stars, then the food and service MUST reflect that.

Cod

One of us wanted the cod sauteed, the other with lemon.
The cod was thick but my cod tasted defrosted and then microwaved when it did get to the table. And no garnish. Hmm

Perch

No complaints from the specials menu items. The perch was good, big baked potato and corn was a default veggie, not a super choice. Salad looked ok, slaw was to milky, but tasted ok otherwise.
Re-opened restaurants Old Favorites Fsh

Dolly & Joe's  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Dolly & Joes, Dolly And Joe's, Dolly And Joe's Toledo Oh, Dolly & Joe's, Dolly And Joe's Menu, Dolly And Joe's Restaurant, Dolly And Joe's Toledo, Dolly And Joe's Restaurant Menu, and Dolly & Joe's Fried Bologna.