714-847-4767

16961 Goldenwest St ( )

Huntington Beach, CA 92647-5443

Description: Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Mexican, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant

Reviews for Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant

2.0

1st time trying it...

Someone highly recommended Don Ramon’s to us, because of the addition of bean dip to the salsa usually served with tortilla chips. The chips were ‘ok’, salsa was ‘just ok’ …it definitely got stars deducted when I found a hair in it. And the bean dip was warm and yummy. However, we got ONE small bowl of each and no one ever offered to refill our chips, salsa or bean dip.
The place we usually go, (Don Jose) is always johnny on the spot with refills of chips, salsa and drinks— so we weren’t used to being basically ignored.
Refills on drinks were also hard to come by.
Hubby had chile relleno, which he said was not as good as Don Jose.
I had the tamale and shredded beef taco. The tamale was just so-so. We both agreed that the rice was bland and un-exciting.
The best thing was the shredded beef taco, but it was not wonderful either.
The refried beans were good, and the cheddar that topped them was melted to perfection. I’ll give them that!
Overall it was not a wonderful dining experience. The clientele appeared to be people that live in the neighborhood and go there all the time. The place was smallish and part of it appeared to be cordoned off for repairs, or ? To me, it translated to low-end dining… had the feel like when you go to a dentist in a strip mall. However, unlike the dentist, they had a bowl of suckers available on the way out.
Sorry, but I wouldn’t recommend it to my friends.

Tamale & Taco

Tamale authentic-ish but funny tasting.
Shredded beef taco good, but shell a bit overcooked.
Refried beans, yummy.
Rice, bland and un-exiting.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Authentic Mexican Food

Don Ramon’s has authentic Mexican food. Try the tacos don ramon or the chicken burrito. The tacos are made fresh, including the shells. Salsa and bean dip are amazing! My kids love the rice and beans because they are fresh and delicious. This restaurant blows Don Jose’s away!

Tacos don Ramon

Amazing…if you like spicy, this dish has a little kick to it!

September 12, 2010

Best Specials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frist of all the food is not salty!!! Mr Giddy G!!!! I eat at this restaurant 2 or 3 times a week and the food is great. the salsa is good but I like spicy so ask for the red spicy salsa its the owners recipe, the best i ever tasted . I…

January 4, 2010

Great Bean Dip

Don Ramon's has the best bean dip of any mexican restaurant I have ever been to. The food is also really good. I would recommend it to any person.

Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Huntington and North Coast.
People found this by searching for: Don Ramons, Don Ramon's Huntington Beach, Don Ramon's Huntington Beach Ca, Don Ramon Hours In Huntington Beach Ca, Don Ramons Huntington Beach Menu, Don Ramon In Huntington Beach, Don Ramons Huntington Beach, and Don Ramones Huntington Beach.

Zimzala
Solita Tacos & Margaritas
Shorebreak Hotel
Deli-licious
Spark Woodfire Grill

Link to Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant

Don Ramon's Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%