Double Greeting Won Ton House

Lord_of_Food

Edmonton, AB
Double Greeting Won Ton House 1.0

Don't Ever Go Here!!!

This restaurant is cheap and the service is fast, but the servers are rude and the food preparation methods are not adequate.

My wife and I went here one evening because my wife (who is Chinese) was craving soup. We sat down and ordered a wor wonton soup but when it came it had tons of tiny bugs inside. They clearly came form the bok choy that hadn’t been properly cleaned.

We asked the waitress for a new soup and she basically told us that the bugs are in the bok choy and that if they use it, there will be bugs. So we asked for a new soup with only regular broccoli instead of bok choy.

They brought back a soup that was clearly the same one. They had simply fished out the bok choy and some of the bugs, but there were still some in there.

We brought the soup to the front and explained what was happening. When the waitress saw this she came over and started complaining about us in Cantonese to the other waitresses RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. My wife is a Mandarin speaker, but she speaks Cantonese as well, she she knows what they said, though the waitress had assumed that neither of us would understand. What she said was basically, “Of course it’s going to have bugs in it. If they’re going to order just one soup and then be this picky, then you might just let them leave.”

I couldn’t believe the disrespect, so I marched straight out of the restaurant without saying a word. I will NEVER go there again. There are other restaurants with similar prices but better food and nicer staff.

Wor Wonton Soup

Bugs in the soup. Asked for a new soup without bok choy. They gave us the same soup back but just fished out the bok choy and some of the bugs and threw in broccoli. There were still bugs.

Chinese Downtown

Double Greeting Won Ton House  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/19/2013 - A diner from Edmonton, AB tried it and didn't like it.
  • 07/23/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 06/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 06/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/01/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 12/26/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 07/18/2015 - A diner from Edmonton, AB tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Double Greeting Won Ton House is located near the cities of Hilliard.
People found this by searching for: Double Greeting Edmonton, Double Wonton Edmonton, Double Greeting Wonton House Edmonton Menu, Double Greeting Wonton House Edmonton, Double Greeting Edmonton Menu, Double Greeting Wonton House Menu, and Double Greeting Wonton House.