Call 364 Atlantic Ave

RaeLit3

Brooklyn, NY
Downtown Atlantic Restaurant & Bakery 3.0

Sweet Treats

After walking miles and in desperate need for a chair I passed “Downtown Atlantic”. Had no intention on getting any sweets, just wanted to grab a cup of coffee. But they do a hell of a job in tempting you with the delicious, gigantic cupcakes in the window, so I gave in and ordered a coconut frosted vanilla cupcake and an iced cappuccino. ..

Cupcake: So excited this cupcake was priced at $2.50 and when I got the check it was about $5.00. I guess if they put it in a plate and added sprinkles and one strawberry the price doubles? Go figure. Price out of the picture, the cupcake was delicious in my opinion. Big enough for 2 people and not too sweet with just the right amount of frosting and coconut. The coconut wasn’t over powering. Simply delicious.

Cappuccino: Tasted like chocolate milk. A cappuccino is supposed to have more coffee than milk but this tasted like straight up milk. Thumbs down in my opinion.

Service: Waiter was stand offish. Maybe he was ticked we just wanted dessert but who knows. Wasn’t of the friendly sort. Got the cupcake and dessert quick but not the check, which took a while.

I may go back to try the red velvet cake…but it may be hard to contend with Cake Man Raven’s red velvet with pecans which is outta this world. =)~
Has anyone tasted and compared the both yet?

Cupcakes

Delicious

Downtown Atlantic Restaurant & Bakery 2.0
July 29, 2009

Terrible Cupcakes

I went to DA since my normal cupcake place (Betty's Bakery) was closed. I had high hopes since DA is well reviewed on this site and there were others inside also buying treats. However, the terrible-ness of the cupcakes has prompted me…
Downtown Atlantic Restaurant & Bakery 5.0
November 12, 2008

EXCELLENT CUPCAKES!!!!!!

I was a little apprehensive about this place seeing as I am not a fan of too many places in Brooklyn, however I was proven wrong. The food was excellent, especially the cupcakes from the bakery. However, I have to say that it was our…

American Takeout Good For Kids
Tips
  • The restaurant offers free refills on sodas; the old Brooklyn soda (root beer, black cherry, cream, orange and raspberry) comes at a reasonable $1.50 a glass.
  • Enjoy live jazz Friday and Saturday nights at 9pm--either in the dining room or at the bar.
Sun,Tue-Sat 12:00PM - 11:00PM
joniton

New York, NY
0 useful

Downtown Atlantic Restaurant & Bakery  Restaurant Reviews

Downtown Atlantic Restaurant & Bakery is located near the cities of Flatlands, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bedford Stuyvesant, Clifton, and Park Slope.
People found this by searching for: Downtown Atlantic Brooklyn Restaurant, Atlantic Downtown Bakery, Bakery Downtown Atlantic, Downtown Atlantic Restaurant, Downtownatlanticrestaurant, Atlantic Bakery, and Brooklyn Cupcake Bakery.