Drago Centro

213-228-8998

525 S Flower St, Ste 120 ( )

Los Angeles, CA 90071-2200

Neighborhoods: Downtown

Description: Drago Centro is a Italian, Lasagna, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Italian, Downtown, Takeout, Lasagna, Pasta, Los Angeles, Reservations, OpenTable, Fine Dining, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Drago Centro
Tips:
  • Since the space was formerly a bank, the secluded dining area they've created inside its vault is where we'd place our money for a special occasion.
  • Thirsty? The bar keeps slightly different hours from the restaurant. Monday through Friday from 11am to 11pm and on Saturdays from 5pm to 11pm.

From OpenTable:

Chef Celestino Drago has created a menu representative of the cultural diversity of Italy. The concept of “Contemporary Italian Cuisine”, emphasizes local dishes, fresh, high quality ingredients and old flavors that have defined Italian cuisine for centuries and which are revisited to create a truly eclectic menu. The extensive menu is a la carte and offers daily specials featuring many unique items. DRAGO Centro offers a diverse and extensive selection of premium wines from Italy and around the world.

DRAGO Centro’s unique interior is designed by acclaimed Los Angeles based designer Stanley Felderman, who is internationally renowned for creating modern buildings, interiors and product with a playful twist.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Drago Centro

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Drago Centro

4.0

Fine Italian Dining in Downtown Los Angeles

Drago Centro chosen on this night for a friend’s birthday, Miss M, which is also one of her favorites. In the heart of the city is Drago Centro, an upscale Italian restaurant for the urbanites of Los Angeles.

Dragon Centro has a nice space in DTLA, located off of Figueroa and 6th, with a spacious bar, glass enclosed wine display, high ceilings, and a nice heated outdoor patio, all smack dab in the middle of downtown high-rises. This is the type of place where high powered lawyers, prime time accountants, and smooth talking consultants have their power lunches and wet whistling happy hours. Basically, Drago Centro is your typical DTLA restaurant.

Tonight, our little dinner party ordered the crab pasta, the veal lasagna, chicken, and the ossobuco. I ordered the lasagna, la lasagna alla bolognese – veal bolognese lasagna, parmesan cheese, and was slightly disappointed. I should have listened to my friends and tried something else. I am a bit stubborn in that way. I like the comfort dishes, in which you know what you are getting. I expected great gooey cheese with a savory meat. But I got delicate flavors with a slightly less salty than expected veal.

Miss M got the crab pasta, the i tagliolini con granceola – dungeness crab tagliolini, tomatoes, basil. I had a small bite and thought is was really pretty good. As a general rule, I never thought much of crustaceans in pasta – not a big fan of shrimp, lobster, or crab in pasta. I always thought it is tough to do. Maybe I need to rethink my prejudices. My friends who saw my pics of the pasta, immediately pointed out and recommended this pasta as well.

My other compatriots got the chicken, the il pollo al tartufo – truffle crusted chicken breast, forest mushrooms, and the veal osso buco, the l’ ossobuco di vitella – braised veal ossobuco, endive, parsnips, almonds. I think the osso buco was much better than the chicken, yet the chicken was pretty good.

i tagliolini con granceola

The i tagliolini con granceola – dungeness crab tagliolini, tomatoes, basil, was one of the best dishes we had.

la lasagna alla bolognese

Unfortunately, the Lasagna, the la lasagna alla bolognese with veal bolognese lasagna, parmesan cheese, was a bit ordinary.

February 4, 2011

Fabulous!!!

First visit to DRAGO was fantastic! The ambiance was good the prices were reasonable. The service was superior and the food was GREAT! I will definitely recommend to friends and family. If you like Italian, DRAGO is for you.

May 11, 2010

wow

wow

April 29, 2010

Best Happy Hour in DTLA

If someone asked me which restaurant I was frequenting the most these days, I have to answer it's Drago Centro. Whether it's for lunch, dinner or happy hour, you can find me there. For lunch, they offer a panini bar. Sidle up to the bar…

Drago Centro is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Drago Centro Restaurant, Drago Centro, Drago Los Angeles Menu, El Drago Centro, Drago Centro Menu, Drago Centro Downtown, Drago Restaurant Los Angeles Menu, and Drago El Centro.

Fdmfygve