360-735-7932

612 N Devine Rd ( )

Vancouver, WA 98661-6961

View Hours
Description: DuckTales Kitchen is a American, Cafe, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Delicious, Fair price, Excellent Service, Salmon, Fresh Salsa, Fresh Salads, Great Service, Cafe, and Kid's Menu
  • 13 dishes entered by diners at DuckTales Kitchen
  • 2 users want to eat at DuckTales Kitchen

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%
Pros

• "Prime rib night !"

waddleitbe, the Owner, says:

Owners Steve and Jane Waddle are excited to have this dream become a reality. “I began working at Waddle’s, busing carhop trays at age 7. I have done every job in the restaurant up to and including management.” says Steve. Steve has dedicated this restaurant to the memory of Russell & Marilyn Waddle, his mom and dad. The menu is filled with “simply good food” sprinkled with some traditional favorite recipes Steve brings from his family. But the most important tradition Steve wants to keep alive is treating all guests like friends and family.

From CityGrid:

Reviews for DuckTales Kitchen

Where have you been !!!

DuckTales Kitchen opened in Sept. 2009, since then I have eaten there many many times both for lunch and dinner. I must say its been a long time coming to have a restaurant like this in Vancouver, WA. The atmosphere is quaint, family oriented (they have a kids menu) and just all around FUN !

The servers are excellent and are not pushy, they let you relax and enjoy your meal. This is a must for lunch and dinner. Oh by the way they have a cake of the week as well as, FRESH apple pie can you say YUMMY.

Steven and Jane have a homerun here.

Jane's Traditional Cobb Salad

This is everything you would expect a cobb salad to be. Chicken was moist and tender, chopped tomato’s, “real” bacon bits, hard boiled eggs, sliced avocado, bleu chees crumbles (i left them off) and served on a bed of romaine lettuce. I was extremely satisfied with this dish, in fact I needed a to go box and had it for dinner.

One of Vancouver's Best

We have experienced Duck Tales Kitchen 5 times since the opening and each visit has been excellent. The food has always been prepared and presented perfectly, the service has been excellent, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Steve and Jane Waddle have opened a winner here and once you visit you will be hooked.

Traditional Reuben

Absolutely perfect. Fresh bread, lean corned beef, tasty sauerkraut, and sauce on the side that you cannot beat.

Deep Dish Apple Pie

Must be an old “Waddle Family Recipe” because I started eating this at five years old at Waddles and the flavor is unmatched. I prefer it ala mode but some like the melted cheddar on top.

This was a lucky find!!

We came upon the Ducktale Kitchen on the third day they were open very much by accident. The place was so new, the menus were still sheets of paper stapled together! But aaaaaaaahhhhh! The food was as though someone in the kitchen has been at it for years! The lobster bisque and brocolli/cheese soups were fantastic as was the salmon and chicken cordon entrees! This is definitely casual dining with an up-scale menu and presentation! Vancouver, it would be very much worth your while to visit this restaurant!!

Fresh Salmon with dill sauce

Salmon cooked to perfection – the dill sauce was excellent and the mashed potatoes with horseradish – delicious!

Chicken Cordon

Delicious flavor! Just a tad drier than my taste, but definitely a winner. The fresh veggie side was excellent!

3.0

Ok Food

My wife & I visited Duck Tales Kitchen after reading rave reviews about
the restaurant. The service was good, the food was very average, nothing to get excited about. I had a steak that was very chewy and had a lot of fat. My wife had salmon and thought that it was very average. The atmosphere that was raved about online was not there and the energy in the restaurant was non existent. We tried it, will not be back.

Fresh Salmon with dill sauce

It really did not have much flavor.

Prime Rib

Went for dinner at DuckTales Kitchen last Friday and to my surprise they now have Prime Rib on FRIDAY evenings. This is a 10oz portion cooked the way I wanted it. Served with a baked potato and all the trimmings, vegetable, salad or soup all for $15.95 WOW !!!

The prime rib was cooked to perfection really tender and flavorful. I love baked potatoes so I was very happy they had them, seasonal vegetables were also perfectly done – not over cooked like you may find in other restaurants.

For dessert I had the upside down gingerbread pear cake, served warm with fresh caramel sauce and a scoop of ice cream – YUMMY!

I was told that they will be opening for breakfast starting Dec. 4th on Saturday and Sunday morning’s from 9am – 3pm. If the lunch and dinners are any indication of how the breakfast will be, I know I will be a frequent customer since you can’t get a REALLY good breakfast any where in Vancouver. Steven the owner is from the Waddle family, I’m sure he knows how to do breakfast and do it right!

Prime Rib

I was told that they will be opening for breakfast starting Dec. 4th on Saturday and Sunday morning’s from 9am – 3pm. If the lunch and dinners are any indication of how the breakfast will be, I know I will be a frequent customer since you can’t get a REALLY good breakfast any where in Vancouver. Steven the owner is from the Waddle family, I’m sure he knows how to do breakfast and do it right. Review to come soon.

4.0

Getting to be a frequent gues

My wife and I dine out a lot, since my business is investing in restaurant companies. Ducktales has captured us a frequent guests for many reasons, ranging from the enthusiastic greetings, prompt seating, creative and tasty food, quick and attentive service and terrific value. We’d recommend Ducktales to any diner wanting a first-class dining experience at very affordable prices.

Terrific, Just Terrific

My wife and I have been to your restaurant twice now and both times elated. Last year we spent our Valentines Day (same friends as last night) at Mortons in Portland and yours was better. The salsa, salmon cakes (WOW), Mahi Mahi, Chicken Oscar everything was just great. Will be back soon and I am spreading the word. And, what’s best is your are located in Vancouver.

Mahi Mahi

Valentine Day special. The whole dinner menu was $35 per person and you got to pick from 3 items and 3 courses. Wow.

Add/Show Comments (1)

DuckTales Kitchen

THE BEST IN THE NORTHWEST!

At last a restaurant with great food—the best I have eaten in years—and all that at a reasonable price! This is the best food in the pacific Northwest. The chef, Jason, is the best there is. The salmon is to die for. Jason cooks veggies to perfection. The chicken Cordon Bleu is the exquisite. The chocolate pie has REAL whipped cream! Wow. Go now for dinner while you can still get a seat—it will soon be reservations or w…ait and wait— Jane and Steve have a winner here. No wonder! Steve’s father owned Waddles! He knows how a restaurant should be! We go about once a week! Can’t wait til next time!

Fresh Salmon Pan Seared With Lemon Caper Dill Sauce

You won’t believe there can be salmon this good. Jason must have grown up eating fresh fish— he cooks the best salmon I have ever eaten and I have lived in the Northwest and eaten fresh salmon for 75 years. You will not be able to find better salmon anywhere. And that lemon caper sauce? The perfect, perfect delicate compliment. Try it once and you will be hooked for good!

Classy Casual

Having read the two 5 star reviews on Menuism, I decided to give Duck Tales Kitchen a try. The short version is – the other reviewers were right. Here’s my review.

Duck Tales Kitchen is a small restaurant in a strip mall. When I walked in I was immediately impressed by the artwork on the walls and the general overall nice decor. You would not feel out of place either dressed up or casually attired. I was also impressed by the number of customers. It was around 12:30 and the place was packed. There are booths, tables, and a bar. I opted for the booth after a short wait.

I will offer only good impressions here – there just weren’t any bad ones. The menu was well thought out, the food was prepared perfectly, the quality ingredients reflected the overall philosophy of the owners, and the price was below what you would expect to pay for that level of quality. The owners were on premises, not only overseeing the help but cleaning tables and taking food orders too – always a good sign. Not to say the staff was incompetent – they weren’t – it was just a busy lunch rush. My waitress was there with menu suggestions, my food, and refills whenever I needed it.

Overall, I’d say this is one of those few places that gets everything right. Hard work and dedication from the owners on down make the DuckTales Kitchen a place I’ll definitely be going back to try.

Traditional Reuben

I decided on the Traditional Reuben although, for nine dollars, I wasn’t expecting much. I loath Reubens I’ve gotten in the past that require you to dislocate your jaw to take a bite – they usually go for quantity over quality. Fortunately, my Reuben was a just right combination of quality and quantity. The ratio of corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut was perfect. The corned beef was nice and lean. The sauerkraut was mild and went well with the rest of the sandwich. The sauce for the sandwich was served on the side. I’ve never seen that before but it was a nice touch and allowed me to put on as much or as little as I liked. The sandwich was preceded by a cup of potato and bacon soup (excellent) and the sandwich was accompanied by a dill pickle spear and two peppers. I was pleasantly full.

Deep Dish Apple Pie

Now here’s a dish that appealed to this good ol’ native Texan and something I’ve never seen outside of Texas before: apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. The owner explained that he offered it because that’s the way it had been done in the past.

Very thin slices of tart apple were layered with just the right amount of spices in a flaky crust. It was a very generous slice and I could have had it a la mode but went the cheese route instead. I was glad I did. A thick slice of Tillamook cheddar was allowed to melt on top of the hot pie before it was brought to the table. I didn’t really have room after the Reuben reviewed above but I was glad I tried it. This is the only place I’ve ever eaten out that offered apple pie this way.

Real food, real people!

Well, so much for my diet! You would never know this restaurant was there tucked away on the corner fo Devine & MacArthur (kind of behind the unenjoyment office). But wow! They had two of my favorite dishes on the menu and I had them both – Chicken Fetuccina Alfredo for dinner and chocolate Mousse for dessert – both exceeded anything I’ve had anywhere (and I lived in San Francisco, CA for several years!). It’s about time “The Couv” had a restaurant where you can go and be relaxed but still get fine food at a fair price. The owners treat everyone like friends coming to their house for dinner – what a treat!

Fettucini Alfredo w/Chicken

Excellent traditional alfredo made with real cream etc. The chocolate mousse was so good I want to send the recipe to Holland America (they failed miserably at chocolate mousse). Portions were just as good as the flavors – you won’t leave this restaurant hungry!

DuckTales Kitchen is located near the cities of Hazel Dell South and Hazel Dell.
People found this by searching for: Ducktails Restraunt Vancouver Wa, Ducktales Restaurant Vancouver, Ducktails Vancouver, Duck Tales Restaurant Vancouver Wa, Ducktales Kitchen, Ducktales Vancouver, and Harga Menu Di Ducktale Jambi.

The Grant House