Duke of Perth

2913 N Clark St ( )

Chicago, IL 60657-5209

Neighborhoods: Lakeview

View Hours
Description: Duke of Perth is a English, Fish and Chips, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: English, Good for groups, Takeout, Fish and Chips, Pub Food, Deli Food, American, Gastro Pub, British, and Irish
  • 31 dishes entered by diners at Duke of Perth
Tips:
  • On Wednesdays and Fridays, the place is packed all day for all-you-can-eat fish and chips, just $9.25.
  • On sunny days, make tracks to the sunny beer garden out back.

Reviews for Duke of Perth

QB

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Duke of Perth

3.0

Cozy on a Winter's Eve

I was cold, tired and hungry. All I really wanted to do was curl up on my couch and gobble up my chocolate bar while thawing in the living room. My friends suggested dinner and I half-heartedly agreed. I bundled myself up with a down jacket and a thick scarf to go trudging through four blocks. Thank goodness it was in the neighborhood or I might have just stayed put at home.

The interior is dark with low lighting, sparsely decorated and has a very “homey” sort of vibe. There’s the different beers available written out on chalk. The bar tiself is stocked, mostly with good Scotch whiskey. There’s no loud television to distract patrons, just seats and tables for diners and drinkers to mull over.

My friends and I sat over at the table with the small fireplace. With the crappy weather outside, I felt fairly cozy with the fire crackling beside me. Suitably warm and ready for dinner, I had the shepherd’s pie. I needed comfort food, and Duke of Perth delivered. At first, I thought the dish was a bit on the small side, but once I dug in, I realized how heavy the meal sat in my stomach. Yummy mashed potatoes, ground beef and veggies settled comfortably in my tummy. The light ales on tap went well with the meal. And the price wasn’t so bad either.

The Duke of Perth is not for everyone. Spaces are a bit tight, there’s nothing to keep you going besides good food, good ale and good company. It’s a great place if you want to have comfort food while conversing with friends. But if you want a raucous time, there are other louder pubs in the city. I like it because it’s a place to unwind after a tough day – it’s quiet and subdued. But maybe it’s because I went during a weekday.

April 10, 2009

Great Bar!

A great Scottish bar in Lakeview that offers the BEST India Pale Ale (Twisted Thistle). Great Fish N Chips that are served all you can eat on Fridays - but make sure you get there early for a seat. The staff is always friendly!

April 12, 2008

Best Scottish bar in Chicago

Great bar for a low-key night out. Excellent food, Scotch flights, and great beers on tap. I recommend the Young's Double Chocolate or any of the Belhaven drafts. No TVs, so don't expect to watch sports there.

Duke of Perth is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Duke Of Perth Chicago Scotch List, Duke Of Perth Reservations, Duke Of Perth Menu, Duke Of Perth Scotch Flights, Duke Of Perth Yelp, Duke Of Perth Chicago, and Duke Of Perth Scotch Flight Menu.

Featured in Chicago