Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine

Foodster98683

Vancouver, WA
Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine 4.0

Good all around Chinese/Japanese Restaurant

Upon entering I noticed that the restaurant was very clean and the decor was a step up from the usual neighborhood Chinese cafe. There is a sushi bar in the back and a dining room with tables and booths to the left of the entryway.

Eastland Sushi and Asian Cuisine tries to meld two cuisines together under one roof and, in my estimation, they do a pretty good job. I’ve only been for the lunch but the first time was so good I came back for another round. My first visit was for Chinese food but the lunch menu, one side offering Chinese food and the other offering Japanese, was presented to me japanese side up so that’s what I had.

Service was attentive without being pushy and my waiter, Adam, was helpful with recommendations. My bento box lunch was brought out in a timely manner and the presentation was well done with the exception that one of my rolls had been jammed in and the pieces were hard to separate.

The prices were reasonable, the food was fresh, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was conducive to an enjoyable experience.

I did go back a few days later to try the Chinese side of the menu. The only observations I would add to this review are the value received for the price (excellent) and the portion size. As I get older I find myself prizing quality much more than quantity and that’s the philosophy at Eastland. You will not go away hungry but you probably won’t take a to go box with you either.

Overall, I hope Eastland succeeds as it is my new go to place for Chinese/Japanese food in Vancouver.

Maki 2

A bento box, the Maki 2 was a good choice for a first visit. The meal is offered with a choice of egg blossom, hot-and-sour, or miso soup. I chose the miso soup and it was very tasty but could have been a tad hotter.

The Maki 2 includes a California roll, a New York roll, salad, and fruit. Wasabi and pickled ginger are provided on the side.

The salad consisted of iceberg lettuce, a few slivers of carrots, and a few slices of marinated cucumber (I could have eaten just cucumber slices – they were very tasty), and the standard Japanese salad dressing. The dressing is pretty strong and I liked the way they served it to the side of the salad, giving me a chance to dress the salad my way.

The two rolls were sliced into eight slices each. The size of each slice bordered on the “bigger than bite size” side. The rice was just right, the ingredients were fresh, and the toasted sesame seeds on the outside were a nice touch. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, was the way one roll was jammed into the box. The slices stuck to each other and tended to come apart when I tried to separate them. Honeydew melon chunks provided a nice finish.

Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine 1
November 23, 2014

This is the most horrible place for customer service. Vincent was very very very rude. He had an attitude. Will never return and i will go out of my way to tell at least 10 people to not go here. I hope they go out of business and…
Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine 5.0
January 10, 2012

very good food, fast service . we get

very good food, fast service . we get take out from this place all the time!\r Best suchi!
Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine 5.0
November 16, 2011

Favorite Sushi Restaurant in the 'Couv

The food is very good, consistent and the wait staff is fine. The prices are reasonable as well, the lunch specials are really good, you can get one of these and an order of sushi and leave satisfied.

Chinese Lunch Parking

Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/01/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/05/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it.
The Grant House

American in Hudsons Bay

Thai Terrace Thai Cuisine

Thai in Fircrest

Christine's Restaurant

American in Hudsons Bay

Eastland Sushi & Asian Cuisine is located near the cities of Hazel Dell South and Hazel Dell.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Fishers Landing Vancouver Wa, Sushi Fishers Landing, Eastland Sushi Vancouver Wa, Chinese Fisher's Landing Vancouver, Wa, Fishers Landing Chinese Food, Menu Eastland Sushi Vanco, Asia Land Sushi Fishers Landing, Chinese Restaurants In Fishers Landing, Wa, and East Asia Sushi Vancouver Fishers Landing.