Call 205 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652-1314

Cuisine: Spanish, Latin American, American

El CID Restaurant is a Spanish, Latin American, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Was totally ignored by barmaid. It was early so it wasn't that busy. We walked out while she was chatting on the phone. "
"Everything was great"
"the best !!! from the staff to the food"
"Big portions"
"Great food and large portions"
"Excellent food and portions"
"Lobster baby! "
"Prime rib was out of this world. If u get a chance order it! Trust me you won't be dissappointed!!!"
"food tastes great, Spanish classics and large portions"
Cons
"Pricey"
"Loud, the wait on weekends can be long but a sign of a good place"
Comments
"Excellent Sangria"
"No"
delirium820 photo

delirium820

Waldwick, NJ
El CID Restaurant 5.0

Spanish fiesta to keep you satisfied…

The portions at El Cid are huge. I can never finish whatever I order. That’s why because I love leftovers. This is the meal that keeps on giving the next day. It’s a crime not to drink the sangria when over here. Not a cheap place to spend your money but it’s well worth it. Great flavors, good service and delicious food makes for a happy customer all the time.

cantbeatgoodfood photo

cantbeatgoodfood

Hackensack, NJ

Huge Portions

The place to go when you want a BIG STEAK!! Expensive,but one look at your plate you see why it is worth it,sometimes a line to be seated,once seated you are treated well,waiter keeps drinks or food coming,been here 3 times now and cant wait to go back!

4 1/2 lb.filet mignon

steak was cooked as ordered,very very good,totally enjoyed the meal.

she photo

she

Saddle Brook, NJ
El CID Restaurant 4.0

A once-in-a-while geniune treat

Everything at El Cid is prepared for a family of giants, but it’s also delicious. From the sangria to the pallella, you can tell that the restaurant’s recipes are passed down through generations and prepared with love. You need not dress up, but you will not be out of place if you choose to dress for dinner.

This is not a cheap meal out, but it’s more than worth the heftier price tag. I’ve never had a bad meal there, but my favorites are unquestionably the prime rib and the lamb chops.

The lamb chops were perfectly prepared and seasoned, and are always accompanied by fresh side dishes. The dish is enough for one person to have a generous meal, or to be split by two with a couple of smaller side dishes.

The prime rib is famous. Either go to the restaurant with at least 5 people who like their steak prepared the same way you do, or make room in your refrigerator for leftovers that could easily last a week. No, this is not an overstatement. It’s yummy at the restaurant, and perhaps even more delectable the next day sauteed in butter and garlic, or the day after that grilled with a side of veggies. It’s so large that I would recommend getting it a little less cooked than you generally like so that you can prepare it exactly as you like the next few days.

There are some things that should be known before you go to El Cid. It may not be a place that children would be happy. The tables are close together and, at least every time I’ve been there, all filled with boisterous conversation, drinking and eating. Service can be slightly slow but has always been professional and authentic for a Spanish restaurant.

You may also want to consider taking a cab or having a designated driver… the bar is fantastic, the drinks are not watered down, and unless you abstain completely, you will likely not be in any position to drive home.

I’ve never made it to dessert, and wish you luck if that’s your intent!

chugo photo

chugo

New York, NY
El CID Restaurant 4.0

Very pleasant eating experience....

First time eating out at this place and first experience was very good/fair. We waited no more then 15mins, but i’m sure someone can wait 20minutes easily at this place. The wait wasnt so bad, once seated they are not rushing you. Your given time to look over the menu.
FOOD: I’m a latino and their menu is not so diversed for a “latin” restaurant; the only real latin aspect is the Name, Rice, and FLan (custard), lolol… but dont get me wrong readers, their food is very tastey!!!! The options that they do have is impressive in size and taste. ESp. the Surf and Turf, HIghly recommended, aka huge Filet Mignon and NICE SIZE Lobster tail. Price may seem a little steep but once the food comes out, its ON!!! The complimentary chips with the meal is a nice additive. I’m from NYC and the price I paid for my meal, would have probably cost $10-$20 more. Filet M. was well done and tender, the Lobster tail, was just right, not hard or rubbery. Waiters were very nice, always walking around the restaurant to see if any one needs anything; and any waiter was helpful to help out.
Also one last note, for those who do not know what’s Flan, try it, Its sweet and very tasty. Not many places know how to make FLan, esp., outside latin neighborhoods and this ONE was REALLY GOOD!!!

surf and turf

Filet Mignon was huge tender and tasty; Lobster tail was soft, not rubbery or hard. The 1 lobster tail was the size of 2 reg. Red Lobster tails and alot more tasteful. The dish came with spanish rice, and side of carrots and onions cooked.

rip photo

rip

Lodi, NJ

El Cid - great food!

We have only been to El Cid 2 times, but we will continue to go back, and bring others with us. We are going back this weekend for our anniversary, and we’re bringing our best friends with us. The food here is so good, you won’t believe it, and the portions are more than you can eat. I can’t even tell you how good the food here is, you just HAVE to try it for yourself. This restaurant’s food, in my opinion, is better than the Spanish restaurants I’ve been to in Newark and Harrison.

The boneless breast of chicken in garlic sauce, the chicken Marsala with shrimp, the shrimp in garlic, the Prime rib is so big, 2 people can eat it, the filet mignon, oh my goodness, the spinach in oil & garlic, even the bread is delicious!!! Also, you know those fried potatoes chips you get at all the Spanish restaurants? I don’t usually like them because they’re always burned. Not so at El Cid.

Now I’ve read other reviews that said the wait staff were rude, but we have never seen it. They were always very courteous when we went there. You’ve got to try this place, you will NOT be sorry.

boneless breast of chicken in garlic sauce

I would give this dish 10 stars if possible. You get 4 large pieces of the most tender chicken breasts in such a delicious and generous amount of garlic sauce. It is served with yellow rice and veggies. They also put a plate of those potato chips on the table.

El CID Restaurant 1
March 29, 2013

I've been coming here for lunch and

I've been coming here for lunch and dinner for over 15yrs. Food is great. Pricing has now become out of sight don't know if I'll continue.

Spanish Takeout Good For Kids
debiejaye

Congers, NY
0 useful

El CID Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

El CID Restaurant is located near the cities of Monsey, Oradell, River Edge, Washington Twp, and Washington Township.
People found this by searching for: El Cid Paramus Nj, El Cid Paramus Nj Menu, El Cid Restaurant Paramus Nj Menu, El Cid Restaurant Paramus Nj, El Sid Paramus Nj, El Cid Paramus Nj Site, and El Sids Restaraunt Paramus Nj Menu.