El Gato Negro

Neighborhoods: French Quarter
Cuisine: Catering, Lunch, Breakfast

El Gato Negro is a Catering, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

ovolacto photo

Arvada, CO

Pretty Good Veggie Fajitas

It was a pleasure to find something that reminded me of the food I eat at home way down here in the Big Easy. The Fajitas were good, big enough for two people, and I loved the spicy poblano pepper thrown on top. It was the spiciest thing I had during my entire visit. We also sampled the Spicy margarita and found it to be satisfactory. The big problem with this place was its small size. The cleanliness was an issue as well.

The fajitas come with this on the side - Vegetable Fajitas at El Gato Negro

Vegetable Fajitas

The problem with these fajitas is that they serve a big plate of food with only four, tiny tortillas. The salsa is good, the ingredients fresh and the flavors nice. If you do not care for spicy foods, you had better think twice about chomping on that roasted poblano pepper on top!

Not bad - Salsa at El Gato Negro

The salsa was good and nice with the manufactured chips

Spicy! - Spicy Margarita at El Gato Negro

Spicy Margarita

This was a good variation. I did not expect it to be so sweet, and I guess they get the spicy from cinnamon. It is certainly worth a taste

haledixon photo

New Orleans, LA

I'll forget about this place in a week or so.

Recently I made a pretty substantial life-altering decision – I’ve made the switch from briefs to boxers. I briefly tried the boxer-briefs, but really, I’ve never been a real middle-of-the-road kind of guy. I’m still going through a period of adjustment, though, and for the last few days I’ve been a bit off-kilter. Maybe this is what uncharacteristically lead me to lead my wife and I into the Quarter the other evening for Mexican food. Also, shrimp.

French Market Place feels pretty touristy, like a mini boardwalk of sorts, but some days I like feeling like a tourist. I wanted to sit outside, but the view was just of the side of a 1992 Toyota Camry and a rusty Econoline, so we decided to sit in the back ‘courtyard’ – a narrow, steep brick-walled asylum filled with the aromas of cilantro, grilled meat, and bitchy cigarettes.

The Yucatan Shrimp was tasty and spicy, but not hurt your butthole spicy. It came with a ‘salsa’ that was really just a lot of shredded nasty ass iceberg lettuce inside a martini glass. Man, I just wanted a plate of big shrimp, not a bunch of lettuce thats just gonna sit inside of a cup playin grabass. We ate the shrimp and they were good.

My meal was… uh… what the fuck was it… oh, pork loin and chorizo fajitas. Fajitas are like the self checkout isle at the grocery – they’re just a way for people that work somewhere to do less work. It’s a meal you have to assemble yourself and no matter how you try and stack that shit, you NEVER get all the meat and fixins into the 3-4 shitty rinkydink tortillas that they give you. Instead, you fork a bunch into your face and then try and make stupid little wraps that fall all apart when you bite them. Goddammit. The food was tasty, except for the chorizo which was really bland. Dinner at this black cat made me really really miss the magical fajita quesadilla from San Felipe back in Pittsboro.

Overall the food was good, but it was way overpriced and atmosphere was kinda bleh. Such is what one should expect when one eats in the French Market.

Pork Loin and Chorizo Fajitas

Pork was delicious, chorizo was really bland.

El Gato Negro Outdoor seating Good For Kids

El Gato Negro  Restaurant Reviews

El Gato Negro is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: El Gato Negro New Orleans, Spicy Sauce New Orleans, Vegetarian Fajitas, El Gato Negro Fremch Quarter Togo, Flavors Of Negros Menu, Spicy Margarita, New Orleans Cafe Negro, and El Gato Negro French Quartet.