Call 2505 1st Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
Neighborhoods: Belltown

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Gluten Free, Seafood

El Gaucho is a Steakhouse, Gluten Free, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Amazing service. I was treated like royalty even though I came in alone with a motorcycle jacket and jeans on. Only steakhouse in the northwest where you can have bone marrow as a steak accompaniment "
Melkir photo

Melkir

Bellevue, WA

Atmosphere and Tasty Fare

I spent a bit of time at El Gaucho’s a few years back; however things have changed since my last visit with the addition of a new space with live band entertainment (as opposed to just the bar piano) and what appears to be a little redecoration. Though while searching for a Steakhouse to share with friends there were some mixed recent reviews (on other sites) I can’t say for a moment that I know what they were talking about. My experience at El Gaucho’s was absolutely great. The food was just below the cusp of fantastic (with a little lack of imagination in the sauces, and some clumpy mash potatoes); the atmosphere was outstanding, with good service and entertaining staff. The Pampas Room below the main floor was where I dined and with a live jazz band as background it made the night that much more enjoyable, though I did miss the ambiance of the classic dining room. It seemed to me that the personal attention and service was a little better than I would get at Daniel’s or The Met, but perhaps it was just the great atmosphere that made a good impression on me.

I paired my meal with a simple Pepsi, as I was driving, my friend thought their wine selection was perfectly acceptable. The table we had was set for two, somewhat small and near the band in the corner. It didn’t however distract from the enjoyment of the meal. But once you’ve sat in a great booth upstairs, I guess all else pales.

WICKED SHRIMP

These large shrimp were accompanied by bread and a sauce that had the most wonderful blend of spice and taste, absolute recommendation.

GAUCHO SALAD

This is the house salad; I found an overabundant amount of shrimp in this salad, great cheese and arrangement of greens. The quantity of shrimp actually lessened the experience for me as I ran out of greens to pair them with, good quality, not too cold.

Peppercorn New York

This was a 16 oz lay of steak, medium rare covered in the peppercorn sauce, which could have been a tad spicier, even with the addition of some pepper it lacked a kick that I was expecting. This tasted pretty close to asking price.

NORIGOLD MASHED POTATOES

A tad clumpy, not terribly good, had to mix with the sauce to get any real enjoyment out of the dish by itself.

ASPARAGUS

Nine dollars for Asparagus, that’s just Asparagus. Eh, what can you do?

Homemade Cheesecake

Heavenly. Fantastic Strawberries, great sauce and creamy luscious cheesecake.

BlueBaron6 photo

BlueBaron6

El Gaucho 5.0

Superior Steaks in Seattle

Truly the gourmet experience, El Gaucho will take you back to the 30’s with it’s romantic art deco look, and formally attired wait staff. The bar is extensive, and then steaks are always perfect. Many dishes, such as the fresh Caesar salad, and flambe are prepared in front of you, and they use great ingredients. The staff is truly helpful, and then wine list is massive. El Gaucho will leave you lighter in the wallet. Some nights feature live music.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

El Gaucho 5.0

the all-round dining experience in seattle

Having lived in Seattle my whole life it’s a wonder I’d never been to El Gaucho before. I finally made it here after hearing about it for so long, and it lived up to everything I’d heard about it. The food was excellent, however El Gaucho is really about the complete dining experience. It has a cozy, warm, and relaxing atmosphere inside. The service was superb, wait staff was very attentive. I am coming back here for sure! The main course was well more than I can finish, so I’ll have to try dessert next time. A nice touch was the fruit and cheese platter which comes standard as part of El Gaucho’s service after your meal.

Side note – if you want to bring your own bottle of wine there is a $30 corking fee.

Porterhouse Steak

This was my first time ever having porterhouse steak, and it did not fail me! 24oz of meat. I ordered this medium and it came out perfectly. No frills, no sides, just a really really good steak. There was an au jus sauce that came on the side however I didn’t even use it because the steak was so tasty by itself.

Sauteed Spinach

Perfectly cooked spinach, cooked in a little bit of butter and lemon. This would go well with pretty much anything you ordered here. Simple and delicious!

michellek photo

michellek

El Gaucho 3.0

good atmosphere and entertainment

The food here was decent, but it was also expensive so I would expect at least that much. It wasn’t anything fantastic though… I would come back here for the atmosphere. The service was really great, and the best part was the table-side preparations, especially the desserts. The live band is also very nice. Overall, I felt like it was only worth the high price because of the atmosphere and service, not really because the food was that excellent. For the same price, I think I could get a better steak dinner somewhere else like the Met maybe.

SonjaK photo

SonjaK

El Gaucho 4.0

Fancy, expensive and fantastic!

Fancy, expensive and fantastic!

EddieF photo

EddieF

Redmond, WA
El Gaucho 4.0

Best steakhouse in Seattle for me although...

Best steakhouse in Seattle for me although Metropolitan Grill comes close.

Steakhouse Downtown Seattle Gluten Free
Sun-Sat 05:00PM - 02:00AM

From OpenTable:

Named as “the definitive steakhouse in the country,” El Gaucho’s award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef® Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Seattle’s best. Live music is offered nightly.
El Gaucho is the Northwest’s steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.

Owner? Claim The Menu

justin

Chicago, IL

incitor

El Gaucho  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/08/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 01/07/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Amazing service. I was treated like royalty even though I came in alone with a motorcycle jacket and jeans on. Only steakhouse in the northwest where you can have bone marrow as a steak accompaniment '
El Gaucho is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: El Gaucho Kids Menu Seattle, Roti Near 98121, El Gaucho Gluten Free, Gaucho Porterhouse, Can You Take Kids To El Gaucho, El Gauco Nutritional Info, Is There Corking Fee At.El Gaucho, El Gaucho's Restaurant, Downtown Seattle, and Does El Gaucho Offer A Kids Menu.