El Puerto Mexican Restaurant

1100 Greenville Ave
Staunton, VA 24401-5019

Cuisine: Mexican

El Puerto Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Fast service, friendly staff, delicious food, cheap beer. Great place!"
"It's a very good restutaunt! Sometimes you get a waiter or waitress who knows barely any English. Which can be frustrating, but other than that they're great! "
Cons
"Getting a waiter or waitress who doesn't understand English, gets the order wrong because they don't understand"
madhousewife photo

madhousewife

El Puerto Mexican Restaurant 5.0

Got to check it out

Their remodel was a success. The place was extremely clean. The service is great, we were pampered and asked by several of the wait staff if we needed refills or anything else. We were given chips and dipping sauce of ample portions. The buffet was appealing and not spicy. That is a big plus for those that cant eat alot spicy food yet love tacos and enchiladas, etc. They leave the spicing up to you. We did not try from the menu YET, but we will be returning enough times to let you know the result of that! Personally I could put jalapenos on everything but my husband has a weak stomach. Our son doesnt like spicy but since we told him of their mild taco meat he is taking his girlfriend there for dinner tonight. Our daughter that loves spicy, hot food is going with us for lunch next week. They have a great dessert that is a deep fried flour tortilla chip drizzled with honey and cinnamon. Awesome. I am a diabetic and it is something that i can enjoy !! A must go try.

buffet

The buffet had tacos both meat and refried beans, enchiladas, rice, all the fixings for tacos, fajita filling, a spicy (not too spicy) shredded chicken, a wonderful combo of meat potatoes and veggies that was mild, taquitos, quesadilas, a melted cheese, taco salad bowls. We tried almost all and it was fabulous. The dessert of deep fried flour torilla with honey and cinnamon was also fabulous.

Neesie photo

Neesie

El Puerto Mexican Restaurant 3.0

Where is a menu for carry out patrons?

The rating is not so much in reference to the food, I love this restaurant; but I think it’s ridiculous that no menu is available for carry out. I can handle the fact that it isn’t available online, but when I called just now to ask for one to be faxed to me I was told, and I quote – “our fax machine is broke, but even if it was working, the paper menus we have are not up to date with current prices or with what we offer.” Offered no solution, was completely okay with the fact that I now cannot place an order which means lost business for them, and thanked me (for what?) before hanging up.

Really??

SarahET photo

SarahET

El Puerto Mexican Restaurant 4.0

Depends on the server...

I try to be fair when judging others performances in the food service industry, because I have been working at corporate restaurants since I was 16 , starting off as a host to waitress, and now I am a line cook. So I know better than most that the customer IS NOT always right, and I always give my waiters the benefit of the doubt.

With that being said, my husband and I have been frequent customers of El Puertos since they remodeled. The best time to go is before the buffet closes at 2pm. After that you can expect overpriced food, and below average service.

The service we received tonight (Tuesday ~ 2.99 margarita night) was appalling. Our waitress did not write down our order, and had to come back and ask us what we ordered, and then the order still came out incorrect. The waitress never came back to the table.When I notified them that I had ordered Taquitos Mexicanos, and that indeed there were no taquitos on my plate they informed me that they had a different cook and that is what it looks like now…um ok…, but wtf are my taquitos??? (this is when my palm met my face.)

After three other servers came by we finally got a hold of someone who knew enough about Mexican food to know what taquitos are…(seriously, how does a white girl know the menu better than the Latino staff?) Embarrassing!!!Then after all was said and done they tried to charge us for the incorrect item that was 2.00 more than what I originally ordered.

I plan on visiting this restaurant, and asking the owner if he would like me to run his restaurant for him, because the people he has working there now are clearly not qualified (new servers should ALWAYS WRITE DOWN ORDERS). Seriously I could have handled the situation better blindfolded, and not over cook the food.

Mexican Tacos Enchiladas

El Puerto Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/06/2013 - A diner from Mc Gaheysville, VA tried it and liked it.
  • 09/05/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/24/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/06/2013 - A diner from Waynesboro, VA tried it.
  • 11/22/2013 - A diner from Fredericksburg, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/16/2013 - A diner from Centreville, VA tried it.
  • 05/30/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/31/2014 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/12/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 08/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 08/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 10/19/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 10/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/23/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 11/28/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'It's a very good restutaunt! Sometimes you get a waiter or waitress who knows barely any English. Which can be frustrating, but other than that they're great! '
    Cons: 'Getting a waiter or waitress who doesn't understand English, gets the order wrong because they don't understand'
  • 12/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/03/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/14/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 01/16/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/25/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/01/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 02/20/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 03/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/01/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/11/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Fast service, friendly staff, delicious food, cheap beer. Great place!'
  • 05/07/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 05/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/16/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/30/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/31/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 06/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/09/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/09/2015 - A diner from Salem, VA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: El Puerto Mexican Restaurant, El Puerto Staunton, El Puertos Staunton Va, El Puerto Staunton Menu, El Puerto, Staunton, Va, El Puerto Staunton Va Menu, El Puerto Restaurant, and El Puerto Staunton Va.