El Tapatio

6202 Ne Highway 99
Vancouver, WA 98665-8747

Neighborhoods: West Minnehaha
Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Tex-mex

El Tapatio is a Mexican, Lunch, and Tex-mex restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

CrazyCook photo

CrazyCook

El Tapatio 5.0

Eaten at many, overall it's the best in the area

As a person who is educated in Food Sciences, I am extremely critical of dining establishments. I’ve eaten at many Mexican Food restaurants throughout the US and here in the Pacific NW. I grew up in So-Cal and spent time in the SW as well as regular visits to rural Mexico. I have favorites everywhere and in the Portland/SW Washington area it is El Tapatio, Hazel Dell. Jose’s eldest son manages the other restaurant in Salmon Creek and too is fine. I absolutely love the specialty dishes. They offer Horchata as a drink too.

Nachos Tapatio

I usually get one picadillo (shredded beef) and one pollo (chicken). There is never a problem with deleting or adding or putting on the side. The portion is extremely generous and well prepared, I can call it in for a to go and it’s ready within minutes. This makes it easier for me to drop a quick meal to the family while I go back out to work. When I have time to sit down, it’s usually for enchiladas-pollo, picadillo or camarones (shrimp) or Verde!

neeciek photo

neeciek

El Tapatio 5.0

LOOOOOVE EL TAPATIO

THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE MEX. RESTAURANT FOR YEARS. I RECOMMEND THE CHEESE OR SHREDDED BEEF ENCHILADAS, THEY ARE THE BEST ONES EVER AND GREAT SAUCE. MY OTHER FAVORITE IS THE ARROS CON COMARONES (RICE W/ SHRIMP) SERVED WITH HOT FLOUR OR CORN TORTILLAS. THEY ALSO ARE VERY FAIRLY PRICED, YOU CAN GET A GOOD AUTHENTIC MEX. MEAL FOR UNDER $10. AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS GREAT!

ARROS CON COMARONES

DELICIOUS SHRIMP WITH YUMMY ENCHILADA SAUCE AND MUSHROOMS SERVED OVER RICE W/ CHEESE AND HOT TORTILLAS ON THE SIDE.

GaryH photo

GaryH

El Tapatio 1.0

Taco Salad a gooey mess

I ordered a Taco Salad with no Guacamole. Salad showed up with Guacamole naturally. The waiter asked me if I asked for no Guacamole and I said yes. Glad my wife was there. It was as if he didn’t believe me. He didn’t even offer to take it back and take off the guacamole himself. I had to scoop it off of the dish myself. I asked for beef and I don’t think there was much of that either. I barely had any cheese on it too. My wife asked for her meal with no cheese so maybe they took the cheese off of mine too. My salad was a gooey mess. I ate what I could and left the rest. My wife said her food was good. When we told the cashier how bad the salad was all he said was sorry and didn’t offer to remove the price of the salad. I won’t be going back and I live in Hazel Dell. GaryH

Taco Salad

Gooey mess, not much if any beef, not much cheese, a lot of gooey refried beans.

notcyndi photo

notcyndi

El Tapatio 1.0

A mess on the plate

I have eaten here twice but will never eat at El Tapatio again. Why? Because I like “Mexican” or Tex-Mex cooking too much to eat anything this bad. I ordered vegetarian combination plates and I couldn’t tell the difference between the refried beans and the tacos – everything was buried under a sloppy mess of a sauce that covered everything equally. The shell of the taco – and in another case the burrito – dissolved in the liquid. No crunch. No flavor.

Veggie Combo-Dinner

A plate of soup. Not well made. Not tasty.

fiesta250 photo

fiesta250

El Tapatio 3.0

Too much of one, and not enough of the other!

I’ve eaten at the El Tapatio at the Fred Meyer strip mall in Salmon Creek several times. And while the food, on average is good, they go way overboard with the veges and meat on menu items such as fajitas, chili colorado, and chili verde. But imo, the serving size of the refried beans and rice are paltry. Too many onions in the guacamole as well. Otherwise, the service has always been really good.

Mexican Dinner Lunch

El Tapatio  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/15/2013 - A diner from Vancouver, WA tried it and liked it.
  • 04/16/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 03/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/31/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
The Grant House

American in Hudsons Bay

Thai Terrace Thai Cuisine

Thai in Fircrest

Christine's Restaurant

American in Hudsons Bay

El Tapatio is located near the cities of Hazel Dell South and Hazel Dell.
People found this by searching for: Mexican Food In Salmon Creek Washington, El Tapatio Restaurant Salmon Creek, El Tapatio Menu, Tapatio Vancouver Wa, El Tapatio Vancouver, El Tapatio Vancouver Wa, El Tapatio Vancouver, Wa, El Tapatio Restaurant Vancouver Wa, and El Tapatio Salmon Creek.