Eleven Contemporary Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Strip District
Cuisine: American, American (New), Continental

kmb246 photo

Big Burrito Bust

I usually am a big fan of Big Burrito Group restaurants, however, Eleven (Big Burrito’s fine dining venture in the strip district) is a big burrito bust. First things first. When you walk in it stinks. Actually SMELLS. I have no clue what the odor is, but have noticed it all three times I have been there. It is the strongest by the door, which, thankfully, is not where you will spend the majority of your meal.

As for the food…overpriced and merely – meh. Certainly not bad, but certainly not original or delicious enough to justify the price. As with all of the more upscale restaurants in town, everything is alla carte and so you end up spending a pretty penny for a salad, entree and dessert. Eleven’s big thing is their extensive wine collection which I am told is quite impressive (wouldn’t know how to judge this as I rarely get wine) and the fact that the food they serve is as locally grown as possible (the menu will tell you where your salad greens or lamb comes from, for example). To be honest there is not much that I would recommend getting there. The gnocchi are good, but are in a pesto sometimes and a brown butter sauce other times, so good luck with that. I usually get the chicken which is always good, but never ever great.

The service and desserts, however, are top notch. I have yet to get a dessert there that was not outstanding. Same goes with the service…the waitstaff and bus-staff really do well at keeping you happy. A little bit of a shame the kitchen staff cannot do more to make the meals memorable.

I would not recommend this place to anyone as the atmosphere and the food cannot live up to the price of the meals. I have given it several tries and will not be going back.

iPhone dining journal

Good atmosphere
Great wine selection

JeremyValentine photo

Pittsburgh, PA

its was amazing, the best resturant i have been to downto...

its was amazing, the best resturant i have been to downtown, great atmosphere, even better food.

JordanPinnick photo

Pittsburgh, PA

I went to Eleven with my friends from culinary school. I...

I went to Eleven with my friends from culinary school. It was our last week of school and we wanted to celebrate. Our dinner at Eleven couldn’t have been better. They took great care of us. Excellent service and the food was fantastic. I enjoyed Lobster Ravioli, Tuna Tartar, Beef Carpacio, Halibut, and for dessert the Sorbet. What an amazing dinner experience.

American Beer Served Liquor Served

Washington, DC

Eleven Contemporary Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

• 12/22/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Sonoma Grille

California in Central Business District

Mediterranean in Shadyside

Grand Concourse

Steak in South Shore

Braddock's American Brasserie

American in Central Business District

Eleven Contemporary Kitchen is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Strip District Pittsburgh Cooking Classes, Eleven Kitchen Pittsburgh, Eleven Pittsburgh Restaurant Dinner Menu, Eleven Pittsburgh Strip District, Eleven Contemporary Kitchen, Eleven Resturant, Eleven Menu Strip, Eleven Strip District Menu, and Eleven Strip District.