505-293-6018

1508 Wyoming Blvd NE ( )

Albuquerque, NM 87112

Description: Eloys Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican and New Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Mexican and New Mexican
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Eloys Mexican Restaurant

Reviews for Eloys Mexican Restaurant

Eloys Mexican Restaurant

Used to be good, not anymore

The woman waiting on us was rude and short with us from the start. She basically shoved menus at us, seemed annoyed that we didn’t know what to eat about one minute after handing us the menus. When she did take our orders, she got mine entirely wrong. I ordered blue corn enchiladas, beef, with extra tomato on top. She gave me cheese ones with no tomato at all. When I politely asked if I could get the beef ones I had asked for, she yanked the plate away and then walked off. She came back with the same plate and the original order receipt, showed the receipt to me and claimed that I didn’t order beef (which all people at my table state they clearly heard me tell her… twice) and then demanded to know why the enchilada was cut (how else are you supposed to tell what was in a rolled enchilada? Or eat them for that matter?) I had taken one bite and realized it was only cheese, poked at another to show her it was only cheese when she came back. She then took the order back to the back again… came back out again with the same plate and demanded to know four times if I wanted new ones or just beef on the old ones. I told her please new ones the first time, she wanted another answer, clearly, since she asked them same question – louder and ruder- again. I told her she could just put the beef on the top then, please. She then repeated herself two more times, ruder each time, while I repeated “just on top please” each time, fearing more and more I was going to get a spit enchilada when she came back. The papas I ordered were also burnt to a crisp and dark dark brown, no white left (which I said nothing about because if she gave me that hell over the enchiladas, who knows how much she’d have given me over that).

I’m not sure what was wrong with her day, but taking it out on someone who did nothing at all to be rude to her was not okay in my book. Very much annoyed with the fact that I was treated so rudely.

She also badgered us about dessert, asking three times – as if completely desperate – if we were sure we didn’t want dessert, even after we attempted to pleasantly say no thank you, we were full.

On top of that, she treated my mom rudely for basically everything she did. She was definitely not a nice person or in a good mood. Food was in no way worth the $12.50 paid for it. Service was some of the worst I’ve had in years.

I remember the good old days when it was an amazing place to eat and good service. Not so any longer. Try somewhere else.

Enchilada Dinner

Papas were burnt, enchiladas were dry and small. Rice was good at least.

Great food and service

The staff is always friendly and get our order right — whether eat in or pick up to take home.

Enchilada Dinner

Awesome

August 23, 2014

Great food true New Mexican cooking every thing was awesome you have to try it!!

Eloys Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Old Town, University Of New Mexico, and Unm.
People found this by searching for: Eloys Albuquerque Menu, Eloy's Mexican Restaurant Menu, Eloy's Restaurant, Eloy's Albuquerque, Eloys Albuquerque, Eloys, and Eloy's Mexican Restaurant.

Bandido Hideout
Nob Hill Bar & Grill

American in Nob Hill

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Olive Garden
A Taste Of Italy Restaurant

Link to Eloys Mexican Restaurant

Eloys Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "I love the guacamole salad and the complimentary dessert."
  •  "So sweet "
Cons
  •  "No liquor license."