415-566-3063

901 Cole St ( )

San Francisco, CA 94117

Neighborhoods: Ashbury Heights

View Hours
Description: EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar is a Fusion, Asian, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Fusion, Cole Valley, Asian, Tapas Sauces Smallplates, Bananamisu, Reservations, Eclectic, Takeout, Gluten Free, and Tapas
  • 66 dishes entered by diners at EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar
  • 3 users want to eat at EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar
  • 1 user loves EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar
Tips:
  • The adjacent wine bar offers a great selection of both New- and Old-World wines available by the glass, flight and bottle, along with a small bar menu of appetizers, desserts and cheese plates.
  • Take the N-Judah or the 43 Masonic to avoid a mess of a parking situation.

Reviews for EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by shaomai

Editorial Review by Gayot »

EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previou...

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Grilled Angus Hanger Steak

The hangar steak had very tasty meat with a sauce that you’ll sop up after last bit of with break. The fingerlin potatoes were very tasty as the few cornmeal onion rings that came with it.

Pork Tenderloin

The pork tenderloin had a wonderful fatty meat with crisp edges and a succulent tamarin glaze. One of my favorite dishes at EOS.

Ginger Trio

The ginger trio was very “cute”, but not a great dessert. The ginger cookies were good, but certainly not great, the pot de creme basically gingerale in an adorable small glass, and the ice creams were great ice creams, but for me ice cream never makes a dessert.

Molten Dark Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Center

There are lots of molten dark chocolate cakes in the city these days, but this one is up there with the best. It has the typical gooey center, though slightly less dark and rich than sum, and a nice slightly crisp and salty exterior. It comes with a very tasty spiral of cookie and salted caramel ice cream, which is one of my favorite ice creams in the city.

Artichoke and Garlic Aoili

The artichoke was well-cooked, the aoili was tasty i n the ways that aoili usually is, but this wasn’t a knockout dish like many others are.

Passion Fruit Cheesecake

The passion fruit cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts in the city. The cream cheese perfectly balances the passion fruit, which tends to be too sweet in most desserts. It has a macadamia nut crust which is definitely better than most graham cracker crusts.

Tea Smoked Pekin Duck Breast

For the price and restaurant, I expected more from this duck dish. The duck was somewhat dry and lacking potent flavor, the chutney that came with it was sweet with a hint of peppercorn, but still not enough to make this dish worth getting again.

Bananamisu

For a signature dish, I feel like EOS could do better. The bananas are caramelized and therefore tasty, but it doesn’t have the same zing as the cheesecake or molten chocolate cake.

Drunken Quail

The meat is pretty tasty, but for the small size this definitely isn’t one of their best meat dishes. The quail is succulent and slightly fatty, but the sauce isn’t terrific.

Seared Rare Ahi Tuna Tower

I had this too long ago to remember the details, but I remember liking it much more than I expected since I never find ahi tuna that spectacular.

3.0

blah blah same ol

Maybe it’s just me, but all Asian fusion-y places are just starting to taste the same. I came here with a party of 5 people, so we were able to try quite a few things on the menu. everything was good… but it seemed like my typical experience at any asian fusion place.

the atmosphere of the restaurant is contemporary, and the napkin holders are really cool. our waitstaff was friendly, but because we were tucked into a corner, it often took them a long time to come see if we were ready to order or if we needed dessert menus, etc. but the busboy was extraordinary… never had an empty glass of water!

the food was… i don’t know how to express this. everything was good, just nothing was special. my one memorabi experience was the ahi tuna and mango rolls — i didn’t really taste the mango as much as i expected to, but there were some nice big hunks of ahi in a deep fried eggroll wrapper. i also had the bananamisu for dessert, which was probably one of the more unique dishes (a bruleed banana, cut halfway down the middle, and a hunk of tiramisu), but taste-wise, i didn’t think it was extraordinary.

i think what bothers me is that it was a pretty normal restaurant, for very expensive pricing. maybe i’ve just been to too many fusion places, but eos did not stand out in my book.

Ahi tuna and mango rolls

The best thing I ate all night

Bananamisu

Good… I did enjoy my bruleed banana. The tiramisu was good too. I just didn’t think it was special.

April 30, 2010

Cute inside, great food too!

This place is a hidden little gem. I bought a Groupon for EOS and was excited to try it out. We ordered a few of the dishes to share, my favorites were the brussel sprouts, artichoke (grilled), and the ahi tuna. The portions were typical…

March 26, 2010

XxJunglejimxX

EOS has been one of the best dining experiences I have had In a long time. The wine is extraordinarily superb. Keep it up, you guys are doing great. I would recommend this place to any one or any couple, when you want to have a great and…

January 21, 2009

Different

Found this place to be welcoming with a nice mix of customers. We tried several starters and were delighted with all of them. Everyone in our group devoured their entrees and none of us could handle ordering a dessert but the selection…

EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, , Mission District, Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Ahi Tuna Tower Descriptions, Haight Ashbury Restaurants Eos, Eos Happy Hour, Eos Height Ashbury, Eos Restaurant & Wine – Ashbury Heights, Who Has The Best Cheesecake Ice Cream That Isn't Too Sweet?, and Wine Bar Arround Hasbury Heights.

Featured in San Francisco

Hiomkbik

Loves EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar (1)

A3oyyofvwr3j_caby-gaa7
tommers

Mountain View, CA

Wants to Try EOS Restaurant & Wine Bar (3)

Agy-38grer27c6abblkses

AliceC

Dallas, TX

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by CindyM1

Dishes: Goat cheese souffle, hanger steak, oysters

Nearby Restaurants