Equinox Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Cuisine: Contemporary American, American, Lunch

Equinox Restaurant is a Contemporary American, American, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

jinkwell photo

Meet Me at the Equinox

For my first night in D.C., my mother, sister, and I wanted to try out a great restaurant. I racked through Yelp, Citysearch, Zagat Guide, and Time Out and finally decided on Equinox. So happy I did.

The ambience was stiff and formal at times. To our right was a group of business diners, impeccably dressed in suits. To our left was a couple celebrating their anniversary. Everyone was well dressed. However, our server was never condescending about the way my sister and I dressed; though my mother fit in with the crowd. And service was smooth and professional throughout the meal. Dinner began with an amuse bouche of cream of mushroom soup served in cute shot glasses and an olive beignet. It definitely whetted our appetites.

My mother and I split the seared diver scallops for our appetizer while my sister ordered the special appetizer, which was some type of roe. We all sampled the two. The scallops were amazing. My mother is a fairly harsh critic when it comes to seafood and she found the scallops to be tender and delicious. She also thoroughly enjoyed the roe. My sister and I were silent for the first ten minutes, too busy eating our appetizers. For the main course, my sister had Alaskan halibut filet. It was a good contrast of sweet and savory flavors, which didn’t overwhelm the delicate fish. My mother and I ordered the brined pork tenderloin. She had hers done medium well (the horror!), but I liked mine medium rare. Yummy. Tender and juicy. While I was too full for dessert, my mother and sister split the deconstructed tiramisu. They found it to be…okay. Which is probably why I’m not giving the restaurant the full five stars.

The meal came up to about $160 for 3, including tip.

Contemporary American American Wheelchair accessible

Equinox Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Equinox Restaurant is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Equinox Restaurant Dc, 818 Connecticut Ave, Nw, Washington, Dc 20006, Olives Restaurant Dc Replaced By Equinoz, Equinox Restaurant Conneticut Av, Casanova Restaurant Ct Ave Nw, Casanova Restaurant In Dc, Diner In Dc 20006, and What Replaced Olives Restaurant In Dc.