Family Meal

2.0 rating over 1 review

301-378-2895

880 North East Street ( )

Frederick, MD 21701

Description: Family Meal is a Contemporary American, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Contemporary American, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout, Gluten Free, Thai, and Diner

Cons

• "Food was awful, had 2 different wait staff and water or glass smelled dirty. "

From OpenTable:

A modern American diner, Family meal offers reasonably priced all-day meals inspired by comfort classics. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner by chef Bryan Voltaggio.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Family Meal

• 1 review
  • First reviewed by BobMob

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Family Meal

2.0

I'd go back, if it weren't for the noise!

I went to Family Meal yesterday for lunch. Tom, the WashPost Sunday magazine guy gave it a “good” rating, so I figured I’d have nothing to lose. I should have paid more attention to the “Sound Check” part of the review, because it turned out that I did have something to lose: my hearing! Family Meal is hands down the noisiest restaurant I’ve ever been to. I pity the kids that work there. Like secondhand smoke, the incessant din of the place will, over time, take its toll.

The food was OK, if pricey. I had a burger and some coleslaw. The burger was cooked as I requested, and was juicy and flavorful. The meat seemed to be fairly coarsely ground, giving it a nice chewy texture. A toasted bun would have been a nice improvement, given that the juices quickly turned the bottom half of the soft bun to mush, but I’m not one to condemn a burger for being a bit sloppy.

The coleslaw seemed fairly limp and bland to my taste, but I’ll admit that I’m partial to the tart, more highly seasoned (black pepper, celery seed, dill weed, etc.) stuff found in some BBQ places.

Family Meal has an interesting menu, and I would like to go back a try a few other things, but there’s no way I’ll subject my hearing to that kind of punishment just to try some fries cooked in duck fat or whatever.