610-967-6225

1449 Chestnut St ( )

Emmaus, PA 18049-1908

Description: Farm House Restaurant is a Fine Dining and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Fine Dining, American, Reservations, Delivery, and Downhome Cooking
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Farm House Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Farm House Restaurant
Diner Log for Farm House Restaurant:
  • 11/21/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Farm House Restaurant

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by gourmoo

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Great Place to eat & relax

I’ve been trying different items on the menu @ The Farmhouse & I must say they are all excellent. The new chef is fantastic. What I like is that the pricing is accommodating to everyone’s budget. The service is wonderful & the servers are friendly. The place is an old farmhouse & you feel like you are at your Grandmothers house. The fireplace always has a fire in the cool months & in summer there is a lovely patio for those who like outdoor dining. The desserts are the best around & include some items from Granny Schmidt’s Custom Cakes which are so decadent you will be hooked. I love the quaint little bar downstairs, reminds me of an old English Pub. Their Sunday Brunch is always wonderful too.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Awesome Autumn at the Farmhouse

As I mentioned in August, my wife and I planned an October get-a-way in the Pocono & Lehigh Valley regions of Pennsylvania. The Farmhouse restaurant in Emmaus was on our list of restaurants to visit, and we’re glad we did. Their Fall season menu had been in full swing for the past few weeks, the leaves in the region were just starting to change on some species of trees, and we couldn’t have asked for better weather. We wanted to experience Autumn, especially through the interpretation of Chef Javan Small at The Farmhouse. ‘Greeted and seated, the staff took care of us well. We were provided freshly baked hearty – almost sour dough-like rolls. Real bread – something many today are not used to. Both my wife and I chose the Fall Almond & Squash Bisque accented with sage oil. It proved to be the perfect starter. For entrees, my wife ordered the Pan Roasted New Jersey Pheasant and I ordered the Naturally Raised Venison Osso Bucco. “The combination of the warm organic wild rice salad with the morello cherry sauced roasted pheasant was delectable,” per my wife; and the Osso Bucco in hunter sauce was just melt-in-your-mouth incredible. We ordered a Belgium farmhouse/saison special spiced seasonal brew – a 25 ounce bottle served to us as if it were wine – with ice bucket and stemmed glasses. We can’t imagine which wine would have complimented this Autumn meal as well as this spiced saison. The atmosphere was pleasant and the music contributed well to the ambiance. We topped off our meal by sharing a wonderful piece of carrot cake made at the co-located Granny Schmidt bakery – and topped that off with a small pot of steeped whole leaf ceylon tea. When in the region again, we’ll definitely dine there again. Top notch.

Pan Roasted New Jersey Pheasant

The combination of the warm organic wild rice salad with the morello cherry sauced roasted pheasant was delectable.

Naturally Raised Venison Osso Bucco

The osso bucco in hunter sauce was just melt-in-your-mouth incredible.

Great experience!

Please allow me to add some truth to this most recent review. This customer finished EVERYTHING on his plate, and left the very attentive server an 8% tip. This customer was very rude & loud as if he wanted everyone in the restaurant to hear his rant. I only know this because I overheard everything from my lovely corner table. It was by far the only unpleasant experience of the night. I, on the other hand, completely enjoyed my dining experience at the Farmhouse on Saturday evening, with the exception of this very inappropriate outburst. Also, I like the idea of having a grilled cheese on the menu. It allows for more frequent visits to my favorite restaurant.

Free Range Chicken

Amazing! The chicken was succulent, tender, delicious! Perfectly seasoned. The risotto was amazing! Great flavors that really complimented one another.

in a word.....dull

The new chef(?) Javan at the Farmhouse who recently took over the establishment needs to reconsider his profession. I hesitate to say I dined there on Saturday evening but perhaps ate there is more appropriate, since taking over what was once a glorious dining experience is now a nightmare!
After being seated,I ordered Grey Goose and tonic but received some inferior brand of vodka with a thin slice of dried out lime and a straw! (whatever happened to stirs?)
From the menu I ordered the “Roasted Beet salad with Bleu Cheese, local greens and berries”. What arrived was some thinly slice (refrigerated) red beets with a few clumps of what was supposed to be Bleu cheese, some innocuous greens and five…five blueberries…added for color, I suppose. Absolutely bland and tasteless.
My entree was a “Crab crusted salmon” which was an inferior slice of farmraised salmon with an even more inferior grade of crab plopped on top of it under a glob of mashed sweet peas and decorated with the same refrigerated beets…only this time they were diced!
My guest started with the “Provencal” salad. Ordinary greens with cherry tomatoes…cut in half! (whatever happened to heirlooms?) and a crisp with some store bought spread slathered on top.
Their entree was the “Halibut” which took my breathe away literally due to a very pungent fish odor when it was placed on the table. It was accompanied by yukon potatoes and a glob of pinkish kohlrabi that looked as though it came from the super fresh deli case.
Needless to say, we did not order coffee or desserts, but we did look at the menu. Half of the desserts had a cryptic “GS” next to them in parentheses. When I asked the server what it meant…she had no idea and asked the hostess who said it stood for “Granny Smith”….a local bake shop nearby.
The total for all this $95.00!!!
We left very disappointed telling the hostess of our dismay who seemed defensive and not very appreciative of constructive criticism. I was not expecting the talents of the former chef but then again I was not expecting a short order cooks idea of fine dining.
BTW, they also serve grilled cheese, hamburgers and pizza now, if you are interested.

Crusted Crab Salmon

A narrow slice of Farm raised salmon covered with a cheap shredded crab (it certainly wasn’t Lump, that’s for sure!). Placed over a pool of mashed green sweet peas and strewn with diced refrigerated red beets. Dots of pesto oil were added for some unknown reason.

Add/Show Comments (3)

2.0

Very disappointing considering reputation

Expensive, mediocre service, highly variable fussy or poorly executed food.

Explain?

My wife is a great cook. My sister is trained as a chef. I have lived in NYC, Chicago, SF, Miami and Philly. I cook decent, too.

The farmhouse advertises that their chef won a contest for best in PA, but it was a one-off Iron Chef kind of competition and he has been resting on laurels ever since. Food was either over-composed or poorly thought out and executed. This is not an inexpensive roadside place, they want to be fine dining, but fall short.

Lamb

Nothing special, decent piece of meat, but no talent applied. As a comparison the quality of a lamb sis-ke-bab at ACI Halal in downtown is far better quality, half the price and BYOB. Decor is one thing, but the food has to match up. It didn’t.

Farm House Restaurant is located near the cities of South Whitehall, Lower Milford Twp, Limeport, and Wescosville.
People found this by searching for: Farm House Restaurant In Macungie, Farmhouse Restaurant Emmaus, The Farmhouse Restaurant Emmaus Pa, The Farmhouse Emmaus Pa, Farmhouse Restaurant Emmaus Pa, Farmhouse Restaurant Pa, Farmhouse Restaurantpa., and The Farmhouse In Emmaus.

Creamery on Main