Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

4.0 rating over 1 review

919-544-6332

8030 Renaissance Parkway The Streets At Southpoint ( )

Durham, NC 27713

Description: Firebird's Wood Fired Grill is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Parking lot, Reservations, Takeout, and Gift Cards
  • 153 dishes entered by diners at Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

Pros

• "Good service."
Cons
  • "None"

Reviews for Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

4.0

Great ribs, a bit pricey

Firebirds has a convenient location just off Hwy 40 at the Streets at Southpoint, so we end up going there a lot after movies, or on shopping trips. Sometimes we come here just to eat, when I get a craving for ribs. The parking here is usually terrible because it’s one of the more popular malls in the Triangle area, and if you come after 5:30pm or so you might have to wait for seating. We called ahead and got there by 5:45pm, and there were just a few tables left. We usually try to get seated down towards the grill so we can watch all the delicious food coming up, but unfortunately the last time we were there we got stuck at a table towards the front.

I nearly always get the baby back ribs. The sauce is delicious and has a strong molasses flavor. I love the fries and coleslaw too. One time I got the ribs and they were hard to cut, whereas normally they’re fall-off-the-bone tender. I emailed Firebirds later and they were very apologetic, and sent me a coupon for 2 free entrees the next time I came in. I really appreciate when a restaurant tries hard to make their customers happy, and I’ve never had a bad meal since then. The ribs at this particular occasion were great, very tender, moist and flavorful. I was only able to eat half the ribs, but the leftovers reheat great. The ribs are a bit pricy at $19.95, but it’s a lot of food, and they’re really good.

My husband got the NY strip steak with fries. It didn’t come with any sauce, but my husband said it didn’t need any. It was very well seasoned. Normally he gets the burgers, but he was in a steaky mood. He said it was good, but for $26.95 it was probably too expensive to get again. It wasn’t “27 dollars good”. He says in the future he’s going to stick with the burgers.

Firebirds also serves some good crusty bread with the meal. My son never likes any of the other food here, but he loves the bread. He also likes the atmosphere here, he’s got plenty to watch with the grill, and the aspen-lodge type decor.

Baby Back Ribs