336-659-3973

1215 Creekshire Way ( )

Winston Salem, NC 27103

Description: Firebird's Wood Fired Grill is a Steak, Chicken, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Steak, Chicken, Salads, Great Bar, Delivery, Gift Cards, Takeout, Reservations, Parking lot, and American
  • 153 dishes entered by diners at Firebird's Wood Fired Grill
  • 1 user wants to eat at Firebird's Wood Fired Grill
Diner Log for Firebird's Wood Fired Grill:
  • 08/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

Pricy but excellent

This is the kind of place I would want to go if my kids were goen for the night. It’s expensive (to me) butworth the money to. I believe the New York Strip was around $26. A little expensive to me – until I tasted it. It was a bit undercooked for my tastes and the waiter actually saw me cut it and offered to fix it. When they brought it back it was a little better but still a little rare (I ordered medium rare). It really wasn’t a big deal to me by then and I ate it anyway… and it was one of the best steaks I have had. And the manager even came over and saw it and decided to give us a gift card even though I never complained. That was nice. OF course it was for about half the price of the steak but who.s complaining. The 2nd visit I got a pasta dish (Firebirds Chicken Pasta
Chile Asiago cream sauce, applewood-smoked bacon, green onions, tomatoes.). Oh my, this was not that expensive and tasted like it should have cost twice as much. MY favorite Pasta dish ever. I loved it. You shold probably try this place out at least.

First time at Firebirds Wood Fire and Grill

We called ahead to find out the waiting time and then added our name to their list. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and well organized staff. We were told there was immediate seating available on their patio, which we choose to take. Our server was waiting for us when we were seated, introduced herself and took our drink and app order which she made the suggestion of their lobster dip, very tasty and we thought excellent. I ordered their spinach salad and pecan crusted trout, prepared extremely well for both. Then ordered the peanut butter pie, out of this world!! The Manager came to our table and asked how everything was and talked with us about our choices (very professional). The complete meal cost $145.00 with tip for 2 people. Yes highly priced, but you can’t beat the service or the food. Our first time experience was fantastic. We will return again and again. The next time we would like to eat in the dinning area for the experience. I strongly recommend Firebirds to anyone. Their service is excellent, the food fantastic! Just come prepared for the prices.

Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

Great food, contemporary, classy, but not snobby

I love this place. You can smell the hickory wood a mile away and you want to order one each of everything before you even sit down. Food may be a tad pricey but, you get what you pay for. Half price Wednesdays you get appetizers for 1/2 until, 6 and drinks all day, music outside. Best Mojito I ever had, pineapple vodka infused martinis rock, but strong, ask for a little pineapple juice. House BLT hickory smoked applewood bacon salad to die for. Steaks and Chicken tasty and tender. Only thing I haven’t cared for is the appetizer crabcakes, kinda dry and bland.

Atmosphere fun, lots of outside seating. Can’t wait for the fall when the fireplaces crank up, it will be cozy. Bar area warm and inviting, not many smokers thankfully, great place to hang. If you liked the New Market Grille, you’ll love this place. About time us single professionals over 40 had a place to go, come on out. All ages, all backgrounds and lots of great conversations, awesome food and drink, don’t be shy.

House chicken BLT

Smoked applewood bacon, house dressing, sinful.

2.0

Group taking out 2 people for their birthday....

Group taking out 2 people for their birthday. Got there early, 4:45 p.m. Very few people in the restaurant. (We had been told of long wait periods.) Service started off badly. Laid down the menus and brought drinks and did not come back for 10 minutes or so. After placing the order, we sat and sat (one of the people in the party was diabetic and began to wonder where the food was). We did not get anything except refills on drinks for approx. 45 minutes. The waitress was told from the beginning we were celebrating 2 birthdays. It was not mentioned again until I motioned her to come to the table and ask if they did a dessert for the birthdays, she looked blank and said I am sure we can do something. We sat some more wondering what the hold up was now, finally she returned and said, we can only give one person a birthday dessert. She showed the dessert menu to the lady and a strawberry shortcake was chosen. The gentlemen could not eat this so he chose to pass up the dessert. Several of us tasted the dessert and it appeared to be a big, hard dried out, crumbly biscuit with ice cream and strawberries on it. Mine you, the restaurant was still not real busy, so our question was “What’s the deal” ? 2 or 3 people said their meat was overcooked but we were nice (not knowing how much longer we would have to wait for the meals to be redone) and didn’t make a big deal about it. And to top it off, one of the men was approached to remove his plate and he wasn’t ready to have it removed. Overall, some of the food was okay, but the service lacked a great deal to be desired. I would have thought a 4 star restaurant would have done better than a Sub-Par service. We paid 120/130 for this experience.

Aspen Sirloin

Baked potato was not fully cooked. The rare steak was cooked too much.

Food and Atmosphere is FANTASTIC

My husband and I entered Firebirds on a Saturday and I have to say that it was the most beautiful restaurant in town. The bar area alone is just magnificant. I was very impressed and hoped that the food was just as good as the structure. The food met and exceeded all my expectations. I had the Sesame Encrusted Salmon and my husband had the Prime Rib. Both were amazing and interesting. The flavors were different then anywhere else in town and I couldn’t get enough. They also have a martini called the double black diamond that was to die for! We finished up the meal with a piece of their creme brulee cheesecake! I have never had a better piece of cheesecake! I would definately suggest this place for anyone looking for an intimate setting that has incredible food and drinks! I cannot wait to go back to Firebirds!

CREME BRULÉE CHEESECAKE

The most amazing cheesecake I have ever had!

2.0

Not what I expected

A friend recommended this restaurant. I was taking my daughter to lunch, something we do, a less two times a week. We got there about 1:30 pm, very nice atmosphere, but the wait service, was sub par. We had to wait a least 20-30 minutes for our food to get to the table. The waitress only came over to our table four times in hour and half we was there. In fact another waitress, had to refill my coffee. In my opinion this restaurant is very overrated. I am not talking about just this one time, in fact we gave them the benefit of the doubt, one bad wait staff, or busy day. I took my daughter back because she enjoyed the food. This time she order the grill chicken tip, with potatoes, the service was worst this time, than before. Wait staff was walking by our table attending to other patrons, and we just waited and waited to be serviced. I felt compelled to write this review to given my observation of the service.

Grilled chicken

About par for the price

Add/Show Comments (1)

June 11, 2009

Amazing Food and Service

My Husband and I entered Firebirds on a Saturday and I have to say that it was the most beautiful restaurant in town. The bar area alone is just magnificent. I was very impressed and hoped that the food was just as good as the structure.…

Firebird's Wood Fired Grill is located near the cities of Winston and North.
People found this by searching for: Firebird Winston Salem, Fire Restaurant In Winston Salem Nc, Firebird Winston Salem Nc, Firebirds Winston Salem Nc, Firebirds Winston, Wood Fire Grilll Winston Salem, Firebirds Restaurant Winston Salem Nc, Firebirds Winston Salem, and Firebird Winston Salem.

Arigato Japanese Steak House
Noble's Grille
Ryan's Restaurant
Bleu Restaurant and Bar
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Firebird's Wood Fired Grill

Firebird's Wood Fired Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Great food .love it every time I go :)"
Cons
  •  "Nothing"