Firelight Buffet

3.0 rating over 1 review
5111 Boulder Hwy
Las Vegas, NV 89122-6001

Cuisine: Coffee, Lunch, Breakfast

Firelight Buffet is a Coffee, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

QB
princemilo photo

princemilo

Las Vegas, NV
Firelight Buffet 3.0

Delightfully average

Buffets are a bit of an art form here in Las Vegas. That being said, an “average” rating should be taken with a nod toward something slightly better. Is it the food? No — the Wednesday I went was a BBQ night. They featured collard greens and ribs amongst other traditional fare. As I am a vegetarian, I have no opinion on those dishes. There was a mac and cheese dish that, for lack of better terms, appeared “loose”. As mac and cheese is one of my favorites, my adventurous fork got the better of me and I was not disappointed.

The star for me was their Asian grill (where you may select your vegetables and have a line cook wok it up with your choice of four savory and /or sweet spices). The vegetable chow mein was quite good and it’s hard to mess up fried spring rolls (and they didn’t).

The Mexican, hamburger and salad bar were all a tick below average. And the coup de gras, the dessert bar, was right on par. I went for the mint chip ice cream and it was alright.

So with all this average, was there anything (beyond the Asian grill) that stood out? Yes — the service. We brought our 17-month old son and he brought his A-game, with an equal mix of eating, wearing and throwing food everywhere. We got our plates cleared, fresh napkins and replacement drinks whenever we needed them (actually, before we needed them).

The one last silly thing I’ll throw in is that on the receipt they ask that you please try to limit your stay to 90 minutes. I’m guessing that has to do with the location — Boulder Highway is vacation-land for loiterers…the type who go for a late breakfast, early lunch and…just a bite of dinner (all on the same day, bless their souls).

buffet

Please see above.

Coffee Lunch Good for groups

Firelight Buffet  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/07/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Firelight Buffet is located near the cities of N Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Winchester.
People found this by searching for: Firelight Buffet, Firelight Buffet Drinks, Firelight Buffet Menu, Firelight Buffet Review, Firelight Buffet Crab, Firelight Buffet Las Vegas, and Firelight Breakfast Buffet Reviews.