Call Newport Center Dr

adpwrites

Foothill Ranch, CA
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar 4.0

Back for the Carpaccio

The first time I had carpaccio was in 1993 and ever since then I was hooked. The problem is that there are not a lot of restaurants that serve this delicate raw beef. One of my best carpaccio experiences was at Flemings in Newport a couple of years ago and I never forgot it . Well for my birthday weekend I choose to revisit Flemings and try some of their other appetizers.

We ordered two plates and it was delicious . My only qualm was that instead of plan toast points it was cheese on toast which filled me up quicker and competed with the delicate flavors of the beef.

Then we moved to the caprese salad (no they do not listed it as “caprese” but that it what it is ) The sweetness of the balsamic was a perfect counterbalance to the fresh acid of the cherry tomatoes. Real buffalo milk mozzarella was soft and nice canvas.

The seared ahi with Japanese mustard sauce was our last cold appetizer of the evening and then we moved unto the hot wicked cajun shrimp and the onion rings with the jalapeno aioli sauce. I would have to say I enjoyed the ahi better then the shrimp which was over sauced

I am sure you are wondering why I failed to mention what they are famous for and that is their steaks. To be honest I am not a steak gal and when I did order from there a couple of years back the price did not match the quality. Don’t get me wrong it was delicious but my husband ( weekend chef) cooks just as delicious steaks…for one third of the price

Miles1985 photo

Miles1985

San Juan Capistrano, CA
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar 5.0

Fleming's in Newport Beach

At Fleming’s when you order a steak rare (as you should) it’s going to come gently seared. It’s going to have a light, delicate crust, and the inside is deep pink, like a good piece of seared tuna. When you cut into this steak, whether it’s New York strip, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, or whatever, you’ll notice that it doesn’t look like typical beef. There are no fibers here. I feel like I know how to cook a flavorful, tender steak, and there are always the natural fibers of the beef! The steaks at Fleming’s are of such quality and aged so perfectly, that the soft warm pink inside is just completely smooth. That means it’s going to be the most tender peace of meat you’ve had.
The sides are served family style, and accompany the steak nicely. Fleming’s potatoes are the signature side, and come sliced thin, with cheese and the essence of jalapeno. These aren’t hot or spicy, but you can just pick up the hint of flavor there. The other side we tried for this meal was awesome: sautéed green beans and mushrooms. My family likes our vegetables a little “al dente” – a bit crispy, even after cooking. That’s exactly what we got with this side. The beans were crispy and still bright green, practically popping out of the dish. The mushrooms were moist and earthy, very good, with a hint of olive oil in the background. I Couldn’t get enough of those mushrooms.
All of this goodness is framed beautifully by Fleming’s kickass wine list. My dad and I enjoyed a velvety Merlot (mom went with a Chardonnay) with dinner that seemed to bring out the best in everything, including the boysenberry jam that came with the cheesecake at the end.

Steakhouse Newport Beach American

From OpenTable:

Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar pairs a passion for service and seasonal ingredients
with the finest USDA Prime beef. Every dish is meticulously made from scratch and served by our
attentive staff. You’ll also discover the perfect wine for every mood with the Fleming’s 100®, our
award-winning list of 100 wines by the glass. Our wine list features top-rated vineyards from
around the world. We also offer Private Dining Rooms and a personal Private Dining Director who
will craft the perfect occasion for any group size or budget. At Fleming’s, every visit is filled with
indulgent possibilities.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar  Restaurant Reviews

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is located near the cities of Lido Isle, Costa Mesa, Central Coast, and Balboa.
People found this by searching for: Flemings Menu Newport Beach, Fleming's Menu Pricing, Fleming's Steakhouse Menu Prices, Flemings Prime Steakhouse Menu, Fleming's Steakhouse Menu Prices Newport, Flemings Steakhouse Prices Newport Beach Ca, Fleming's Steakhouse Newport Beach Menu, Menu With Prices Flemings Newport Beach, and Flemings Steakhouse Prices.