415-673-7779

777 Sutter St ( )

San Francisco, CA 94109-6416

Neighborhoods: Downtown

View Hours
Description: Fleur de Lys is a French, Seafood, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: French, Sean Overpeck, Fleur De Lys, Delivery, Seafood, Vegan, Hot Dogs, Continental, Contemporary, and Burgers
  • 29 dishes entered by diners at Fleur de Lys
  • 5 users want to eat at Fleur de Lys
  • 2 users love Fleur de Lys
Tips:
  • Opt for a lovely bottle of wine over expensive, overrated wine pairings.
  • In this part of town, the $12 valet service is worth it.
  • Be sure to request the main dining room when making your reservations.
  • Vegan menus and other special considerations accommodated upon request.

Reviews for Fleur de Lys

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Fleur de Lys

Finally a good meal in the Bay

Grace and I came here for our anniversary, and we had a marvelous experience. The chef’s reputation for traditional French fare with a “California flair” was well-earned. I had a tasting of sauerkraut three-ways, then salmon in a pistachio crust, and finished with a loin of lamb with lamb sausage. Grace had a “colorful” vegetable ragout with poached egg, then scallops with truffles, and then filet mignon in a fig and walnut reduction. Although the flavors weren’t wholly unusual, they were interesting enough to stand out from the sea of gourmet restaurants out there, and the execution was flawless with balanced sauces and clean flavors.

The service was wonderful as well. The waiters were all very kind and down to earth, and the management was generous enough to provide us with a special dessert to commemorate our special evening.

I highly recommend Fleur de Lys to anyone celebrating a special occasion or with too much money burdening their wallet.

Oh by the way, Grace paid! Woohoo!

Add/Show Comments (3)

Fleur de Lys strikes gold like the original 49er's did

I honestly had not eaten this good as far as French cuisine goes since 2010 when I ate at Le Gabriel restaurant in Bordeaux.
Parking, I recommend the valet, only $13.00.
Wine for the night: 2007 Domaine Mongeard-MugnereNuits-St-Georges 1er Cru Les Boudots.
Food: 5 course tasting menu is what I had, but they also have a 3 and 4 course menu.
Professional staff, clean cut, attentive, and helpful.

Red beet borscht, consisting of Kobe beef cheek salad with smoked salmon.

symphony of five items consisting of a toasted duck and mozzarella “slider”, a piquillo gazpacho, chilled asparagus tips with pancetta, French potato salad, and a Faux gras mousse.

Rye crusted Scottish Salmon, served over pickled mustard seed, topped with a caraway jus, and served with sliced radish and cabbage three ways.

Kobe beef cheeks entrée topped with mustard and baked cornichons lying on a bed of smoked veal jus. To the side in a small dish came the sweetbread fricassee mixed with truffles and spinach

Dessert: A cheese platter and the Fleurburger dessert, which was a slider of spiced dark chocolate Ganache, served with a Beignet Banana milk shake, and frozen fennel ice cream Pommes Frites.

To read more visit my full review of fleur de Lys at:

Thank you Chef Hubert Keler for a wonderful evening.

5 Course Menu

a perfect combination of French cuisine not experienced in the United states since I was in France.