408-395-6434

206 N Santa Cruz Ave ( )

Los Gatos, CA 95030

Description: Forbes Mill Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Barbecue, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Seafood, Steak, American, Californian, Delivery, Fine Dining, Szechuan/Cantonese, and Reservations
  • 46 dishes entered by diners at Forbes Mill Steakhouse
Tips:
  • The main dining room can be quite noisy. For a more intimate affair, ask for a table in a quieter section.
  • Forbes Mill is located near the Los Gatos cinema, which shows a variety of art-house, first-run and independent film.

From OpenTable:

At Forbes Mill Steakhouse we offer the finest cuisine, all natural Kobe and Prime Certified Angus Beef. Less than 1.5% of beef is elite enough to meet CAB brand prime standards. Our menu includes, Australian Lamb Chops, Veal Chop, Australian Lobster Tail, fresh Ahi Tuna from Hawaii, and a wide variety of seafood entrees for every guest to enjoy! Our cuisine is perfectly accompanied with a Wine Spectator "Best of Excellence" list featuring the finest domestic and international wines to please any palate or budget, all thoughtfully selected by our resident Sommelier. Our professional staff is dedicated to crafting a memorable dining experience for our guests, and they share a commitment to quality and a passion to serve you. Sit back, Relax and Enjoy the Ultimate Steakhouse Experience.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Forbes Mill Steakhouse

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by JDogg

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Get the blackened ribeye

The blackened ribeye is no doubt the best item on the menu. Second is the kobe (wagyu) ribeye if it’s available. Don’t bother getting the regular grilled ribeye—you will be disappointed.

Blackened Ribeye

Mmmmm…delicious! The bleu cheese melting on top of the steak and the grilled onions are the perfect compliment to this very flavorful cut.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Forbes Mill Steakhouse

The absolute worst dining experience

The absolute worst dining experience for a supposedly top-tier establishment. Party was served rare prime rib when the order was for medium rare. Birthday party guest was “treated” to a candle in the dessert ordered by another party guest. The last time I waste the considerable resources expected for this previously great eatery.

Prime Ribeye Steak

4.0

Good steak/service without the exorbitant Alexander's prices

A history of my group of friends in a nutshell: We started off as a core team of four. As senior year of H.S passed and college started, friends began dragging in friends of friends; friends and friends of friends soon started finding significant others, and now we are one big happy group of people. Of course, having such a big group and a diverse interest means that we are scattered all over the place in the world. To conclude 2010, we decided to end it with a bang at somewhere fancy, where we could all be together to enjoy each others’ company and catch up.

Ambience: We settled on Forbes Mill Steak House, an upscale establishment in downtown Los Gatos. This place is reminiscent of Alexanders, without the exorbitant menus of course. Because we were such a large party, they actually gave us a private room which had a fire place as decor! In addition to this we had our privacy since the room was sealed off by a black drape. +1 point for this.

Service: The service is good as my water (as mentioned in my past reviews, water refilling is an important barometer of service as I tend to comsume it very rapidly) was constantly refilled. One thing that jumped out to me is that they knew exactly where to deliver our food, unlike mid-upper tier restaruants where they call out the food and the party confusingly points to whomever ordered it. Kudos.

Food: We had the option of the special December Three Course Pix Fixe Menu, which consisted of the following dishes:
Starter: Soup of the Day: Ah… I forgot what it was (shame on me) but it was a tomato paste with other ingredients. This tasted good, but I felt like the emphasis was too much tomato. I can’t describe it exactly, but I felt it lacked other tastes to interact with the tomato.

Meat Trio: the entree consisted of 3 dishes.
Filet Mignon: This was good, cooked to medium rare (the way I like it). Nothing too special about this.
Filet Mignon: The second meat option was also Filet Mignon I believe, but it was cooked different (or maybe came from a different cut). Again, shame on me for putting off reviews so late but all I can say is that it tasted better than the first.
Mashed Potatoes with asparagus: This was probably one of the better prepared mash potoatoes I’ve ever had. Cooked in butter, the mashed potatoes were delishiously soft and warm.

Dessert: It was a chocolately cake that brought the dinner to an excellent close. We were actually planning on going out for dessert but the cake did it nicely.

Again, my apologies for having such a hazy memory about this place but I can safely say that it is a nice place for a special occasion.

December 13, 2011

The absolute worst dining experience for a supposedly top-ti

The absolute worst dining experience for a supposedly top-tier establishment. Party was served rare prime rib when the order was for medium rare. Birthday party guest was "treated" to a candle in the dessert ordered by another party guest.…

Forbes Mill Steakhouse is located near the cities of Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and Uninc Santa Clara County.
People found this by searching for: Personalized Menu At Forbes Mill Restaurant, Forbes Mill Los Gatos Menu, Scopazzisrestautant/Bouldrecreek,Ca, Good Restaurant Los Gatos, Ca, Menu Forbes Mill Steak House Childrens Menu, Forbes Mill Los Gatos Directions, and Brunch Near Saratoga Ny.

Fujoeuqe