Fox and Hound

Cuisine: Pub Food, Bar, Pizza

troutqueen photo

Memphis, TN

Not worth it

My husband and I had a few hours to ourselves Saturday evening and decided since there wasn’t a movie we wanted to see, we’d like to just hang out somewhere, get a couple drinks and an appetizer and just enjoy each other’s company.

We decided on the Fox and Hound in Southaven, since we’d been to the one up in Memphis a couple times with friends.

My first impression was that it smelled smoky despite the air filtration/purification system. Even the non-smoking area was very smoky. We ordered a couple drinks and the chips & salsa and cheese dip. The waitress was very abrupt, almost to the point of rude. The restaurant wasn’t very busy – only two other tables in the room we were in, so I’m not sure what her hurry was.

The chips and salsa was very good and very spicy. Spiciness enough that we drained all our drinks pretty quickly. And had to wait about 25 minutes for a refill. The chips and salsa were advertised as “endless” and the waitress never offered us a refill on it.

I ordered a Goombay Smash which neither my husband nor I could drink more than a few sips of. It tasted awful and I’m not sure if it was a poor mixing of the ingredients or cheap alcohol, or both.

We were very disappointed with our experience, particularly since it’s rare that we have an evening out together without our child. We won’t be back.

Chips and Salsa

Very spicy and good salsa. Garlicky and oniony.

Goombay Smash

Either the alcohol was too cheap or the ingredients weren’t mixed in the right proportions, but this drink was awful. We couldn’t drink more than a few sips of it and left it largely untouched.

Pub Food Bar Pizza

Fox and Hound  Restaurant Reviews

Fox and Hound is located near the cities of Horn Lake and Whitehaven Coro Lake.
People found this by searching for: Fox &Hounds Restaurant,Southaven Ms, Fox And Hound Menu Southaven, Fox And Hound Mississippi, Fox And Hound, Southaven, Ms, Fox And Hound Southaven Ms, Fox And Hound Southaven, Fox And Hound Restaurant Southaven Mississippi, Fox And Hound Southaven Menu, and Fox And Hound.