219-844-1500

6442 Kennedy Ave ( )

Hammond, IN 46323-1064

Description: Freddy's Steak House is a Steakhouse and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Steakhouse and Steak
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Freddy's Steak House

Reviews for Freddy's Steak House

What Happened?

Where to start…..on a positive note, cosmetic improvements have been made.
The last 2 ties I was there, the menu had interesting specials on it.
Everything was over simplified like they were trying to run short handed. I took the safe bet, prime rib. The flavor was good, but the meat itself was chewy, not how a good slice of prime should be. My baked potato was gray on the inside.
It seems the staff has been rotating out of freddy’s quickly there were only a few familiar faces left.

Prime rib

3.0

3.0

Inexpensive, tasty quality

My wife and I shared a meal last night at Freddy’s. I was just searching for something new in the south suburbs closer to where we live. So I decided to give Freddy’s a whirl. I was pleasantly surprised.

First, the three bad things though. One is that this restaurant is in Hammond, Indiana which is an armpit of a city, but we knew that going in. Two is that Freddy’s exterior and interior make you think of 1970’s era Chicago with its wood paneling and vinyl seats. And lastly, my wife’s initial silver looked “unclean” to her.

Now for the good, and there is plenty. First off, the prices. Where in the Chicago area, can you get a 20 oz. boneless, dry-aged choice ribeye for under $35? Answer: at Freddy’s. Not only that, but I got a 20 oz. ribeye, a huge lobster tail, my wife’s ribeye, 4 drinks (all top shelf) and 2 relish trays and spent a total of $130.

The meat quality was also pretty darn good. Its not quite Morton’s or Chop House quality but its a darn good steak. It was very flavorful, not sinewy or fatty with a great char-broiled flavor.

The service from our waitress, Debra was also great. She looked like she had worked there for years and was very accomodating to my persnickety wife and me making my own surf n turf combo. She also was quick in getting our food to us and funny. She and I joked every time she came to the table about how much food I was eating or my wife constant dip into an overeating coma.

And they had a lounge lizard!!! This guy was singing old school hits like Mac the Knife and
That’s Amore. It was really kitschy and fun.

We will definitely return to Freddy’s. If you live or are in the South Suburbs and don’t want to drive downtown, Freddy’s is one of only 2 spots to hit for steak. Now go already!!! :)

Ribeye steak

December 7, 2009

I have eaten there many times

I know the difference between OK, good, and excellent meat. Freddy's has the later. I don't go to this good old fashioned restaurant and expect it to be a downtown Chicago ambiance but a great neighborhood (Hessville) eatery. I have to…

Freddy's Steak House is located near the cities of Munster, Munster, Lansing, Calumet City, and Highland.
People found this by searching for: Freddyssteakhouse, Freddie's Restaurant Hammond, Freddies Steakhouse Hammond In, Freddy's Steakhouse Hammond, Freddys Steakhouse, Freddy's Steakhouse, and Freddy's Steak House.

Featured in Hammond

Link to Freddy's Steak House

Freddy's Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  80%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "Excellent food !!"
  •  "Crappy service overpriced "
Cons
  •  "Slow service"