Freddy's Steak House

6442 Kennedy Ave
Hammond, IN 46323-1064

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Lunch, Fast Food

Freddy's Steak House is a Steakhouse, Lunch, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Huge delicious steak..great service"
"Excellent food !!"
"Crappy service overpriced "
Cons
"Slow service"
DanielHunter photo

DanielHunter

Whiting, IN
Freddy's Steak House 1.0

What Happened?

Where to start…..on a positive note, cosmetic improvements have been made.
The last 2 ties I was there, the menu had interesting specials on it.
Everything was over simplified like they were trying to run short handed. I took the safe bet, prime rib. The flavor was good, but the meat itself was chewy, not how a good slice of prime should be. My baked potato was gray on the inside.
It seems the staff has been rotating out of freddy’s quickly there were only a few familiar faces left.

Prime rib

Freddy's Steak House 3.0
Freddy's Steak House 5.0
mistabiggs photo

mistabiggs

Chicago, IL
Freddy's Steak House 3.0

Inexpensive, tasty quality

My wife and I shared a meal last night at Freddy’s. I was just searching for something new in the south suburbs closer to where we live. So I decided to give Freddy’s a whirl. I was pleasantly surprised.

First, the three bad things though. One is that this restaurant is in Hammond, Indiana which is an armpit of a city, but we knew that going in. Two is that Freddy’s exterior and interior make you think of 1970’s era Chicago with its wood paneling and vinyl seats. And lastly, my wife’s initial silver looked “unclean” to her.

Now for the good, and there is plenty. First off, the prices. Where in the Chicago area, can you get a 20 oz. boneless, dry-aged choice ribeye for under $35? Answer: at Freddy’s. Not only that, but I got a 20 oz. ribeye, a huge lobster tail, my wife’s ribeye, 4 drinks (all top shelf) and 2 relish trays and spent a total of $130.

The meat quality was also pretty darn good. Its not quite Morton’s or Chop House quality but its a darn good steak. It was very flavorful, not sinewy or fatty with a great char-broiled flavor.

The service from our waitress, Debra was also great. She looked like she had worked there for years and was very accomodating to my persnickety wife and me making my own surf n turf combo. She also was quick in getting our food to us and funny. She and I joked every time she came to the table about how much food I was eating or my wife constant dip into an overeating coma.

And they had a lounge lizard!!! This guy was singing old school hits like Mac the Knife and
That’s Amore. It was really kitschy and fun.

We will definitely return to Freddy’s. If you live or are in the South Suburbs and don’t want to drive downtown, Freddy’s is one of only 2 spots to hit for steak. Now go already!!! :)

Ribeye steak

Steakhouse Parking Dinner

Freddy's Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/23/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/28/2013 - A diner from Crown Point, IN tried it.
  • 01/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Crappy service overpriced '
  • 05/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Excellent food !!'
    Cons: 'Slow service'
  • 06/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 10/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Huge delicious steak..great service'
  • 05/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Freddy's Steak House is located near the cities of Munster, Munster, Lansing, Calumet City, and Highland.
People found this by searching for: Freddies Steakhouse Hammond In, Freddys Steakhouse In Hammond Id, Freddie's Restaurant Hammond, Freddy's Steakhouse, Freddy's Steakhouse Hammond, Freddy's Steak House, and Freddys Steakhouse.