Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant

250-388-9191

309 Belleville St ( )

Victoria, BC V8V

Neighborhoods: James Bay

Description: Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant is a West Coast, Canadian, and Northwest restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and paid between $25 and $50.
Tags: Inner Harbour, West Coast, Really Poor, Canadian, Gulf Islands, Reservations, and Northwest
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant

Reviews for Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant

Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant

WORST BIRTHDAY DINNER EVER

I went to the Gatsby with my husband for my birthday dinner May 2011. I had been to the restaurant on a few occasions and really enjoyed it, well has it ever gone DOWN hill. My husband and I made reservations, when we got there we were the only ones in the restaurant. I wanted to order the lamb as it was so good the last few times I had it and they no longer had it on the menu so we ordered the Steak & Lobster, BIG MISTAKE. First the waiter didn’t know if the lobster was east coast or rock, we took our chances. It took 30 minutes to get our meal, and the steaks were over done. I ordered mine Medium Rare and my husband ordered his Rare, they were both well done and the lobster was dry and chewy. We sent back our steaks and got them 20 minutes later, when the rest of our meal was done and they were both medium with not seasoning at all. We didn’t want to seem like complainers so we eat them, or I tried to anyway, I could only eat 1/4 of it, it tasted horrible, so I asked the waiter to doggy bag it for me (I really do have a dog). The waiter brought us our bill and debt machine and we left without the doggy bag. I was so disappointed in the meal I emailed the Owner Rita Roy. 5 days latter she emailed me back quit rudely about having to check with her staff first, as if I would lie about my meal. 4 days after that email she emails me back with total false information she received after speaking with her staff, she felt that we were rude (TOTALY NOT TRUE).
I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN ANY OF HER RESTAURANTS AGAIN AND WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW POOR THE FOOD WAS.
REALLY BAD

Steak & Lobster

Steak was over done and had to be sent back and the second one was over done too, the Lobster was dry and chewy.

Gatsby Mansion Inn and Restaurant is located near the cities of Powell River District, Woss, Darcy, Oak Bay, and Esquimalt.
People found this by searching for: Gatsby Mansion Victoria Restraurant Menu, Gatsby Restaurant Menu Victoria, Gatsby Mansion Restaurant, Gatsby Mansion Menu, Gatsby James Bay, The Gatsby Mansion Restaurant, Gatsby Mansion Restaurant Menu, and Gatsby Mansion Inn And Restaurant.

The Reef Restaurant