410-752-4515

300 S High St ( )

Baltimore, MD 21202-4333

Neighborhoods: Little Italy

Description: Germano's is a Italian, Lunch specials, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Italian, Online Ordering, Dinner, Lunch specials, Takeout, Good for groups, Vegetarian, Vegan, Seafood, and American
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Germano's
Diner Log for Germano's:
  • 01/25/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Germano's

Editorial Review by Gayot »

3.0

Excellent Service So-so food.

Germano’s Trattoria has a lovely ambience. The waitstaff do a superb job making you comfortable and are attentive to your needs or wants. Four of us dined together Saturday evening. They were busy but, not crowded. House salad came as first course for each of us. The salads were good. However, September 5th is the height of tomato season in the area. Why did salads arrive sporting pale, unripened, grocery store tomato chunks? I know they have market houses and farmers markets in Baltimore. So come on Germano’s get out there and deal with your local farmers! Especially an Italian eatery should be serving real tomatoes. I would try this establishment one more time before putting them on my you have to visit list or crossing them off the list completely.

Crespelle

Dinner came with a first course of a “House tossed salad” The dressing was a mild vinagrette type. I was sorely disappointed to find pale chunks of unripe grocery store tomatoes. Two full-sized, fresh pasta manicotti. The egg noodle dough was good. The shells were filled to bursting with minced freshly wilted spinach and ricotta. Their texture was smooth and creamy. However, they lacked any zing nothing jumped out as flavorfull. Plain tomato sauce accompanied the crespelle, again sufficient but lackluster in flavor.

Homemade Gnocchi

My partner had these. There were plenty of them. They were potato gnocchi, fair in texture and a little pasty in flavor. Again, the tomato sauce he ordered them in fell flat. No distiguishable seasonings. They didn’t come with any Romano or Parmeseano cheese. Perhaps we should have requested some. These can be ordered in two other styles. Butter and sage or cream sauce with a choice of Parmesean or gorgonzola cheese.

Rigatoni Gorganzola

Plenty to a serving. The pasta arrived aldente. The cream sauce was smooth and mild. It had a light flavoring of Gorganzola cheese. Some small pieces were in the sauce, not bigger chunks, which I thought might have been nice to bite into.

Germano's

A sad excuse for tuscan food!

I HAD THE CACCIUCCO which IS FROM MY FAMILY HOME TOWN OF LIVORNO,IT IS MY FAVORITE MEMORY.
WHAT I HAD WAS SOME SHELLFISH IN A REALLY BAD RED SAUCE. CACCIUCCO ALWAYS START WITH 3 THINGS, OCTOPUS, SEPIA AND RED WINE THIS HAD NONE OF THE ABOVE. THE MENU HAS SOME NICE SOUNDING DISHES AND A COUPLE OF STUPID ONES SWEET POTATO MASHED I NEVER NEW THIS IS ITALIAN. THE FOOD CAME OUT VERY SLOW LOOKED SLOPPY AND TASTED BAD.
I THINK THEY HAVE BEEN IN AMERICA TO LONG AND FORGOT WHAT TUSCAN FOOD IS . I DO NOT UNDERSTAN HOW ITALIAN FOOD CAN BE PREPAREDSO BAD WILL NEVER GO BACK!!

February 21, 2013

BEST restaurant in Little Italy. \r Not enough people have heard of this place but they have a cabaret now, so i think it must be really up and coming. My favorites include the osso bucco, red beet ravioli, penne stratsciatte, and all of…

January 20, 2013

I bought a Groupon for Germano's with the intention of taking our friends to dinner in our quest to conquer the restaurants we have never dined in within Little Italy district of Baltimore. Called our friends and planned our trip. I made…

Germano's is located near the cities of East Case, Fells Point, Canton, and Morrell Park.
People found this by searching for: Germones Baltimore, Germano's, Germano's Baltimore, Germanos, Germanos Rtestaurant Baltimore, Md. Coming Events, Germanos Baltimore, Germano's Little Italy, Germanos Fells Point, and Germano's Restaurant Baltimore.

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Aldo's Restaurant

Rocco's Capriccio

Link to Germano's

Germano's  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "The food was awesome! The staff was amazing! We went 2 days in a row and can't wait to come back when in town."
Cons
  •  "We don't have them where we live!"
Comments
  •  "Great food and drink specials/happy hrs"