Call 1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291-3740
Neighborhoods: Venice

Cuisine: American (New), Salads, Organic

Gjelina is a American (New), Salads, and Organic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA
Gjelina 2.0

Lunching with Girlfriends on Abbot Kinney

A place with no signage must be so uber cool. Yep, that’s what dragged me off the street to try this Gjelina with some girlfriends.

This place has a great vibe, that’s for sure. Our wait wasn’t too bad, and we were seated in the back in the outside patio. Sweet!

The menu looked great but when we got our food, we were all pretty disappointed. Presentation and portions were great, but taste was pretty lacking. They all just seemed to lack oomph! Well, I’ll be honest, it was rather tasteless.

Here’s what we ordered:

• Definitely order their ice teas. The minty one is divine. Its so very fragrant! They all come in a cute iced individual carafe.
  • Albacore Tuna Tartine with confit tomatoes, gruyere cheese and cucumber fennel salad. We all came to a consensus on this dish ~ it was just, ok. It looked amazing, but unfortunately, we all thought it lacked, um, kick. There was no flavor.
  • Spicy Salami Pizza with caramelized fennel, confit tomatoes, green onion and mozzarella cheese. This was very light and in the thin Neopolitan style that I love. Great choice indeed!
  • Grilled Figs with prosciutto americana, treviso, arugala on a bed of buratta cheese drizzled lightly with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. This was a very interesting salad. I hear they do this with pears and nectarines too.

I love that they practice, whenever possible, local sustainable and organic food ingredients.

I gave it a low rating simply because the taste of the food didn’t wow us! My friends came all the way out from Orange County and I honestly wouldn’t have the heart to ask them to cross the Orange Curtain to meet me at Gjelina ever again. Sorry, I really wanted to love you, but the all important taste factor was lacking.

Gjelina 1
January 29, 2014

Beautiful dim atmosphere on the inside, and delicious fancy food. It isn't cheap here, but it's a lovely treat. Steak and broccoli were particularly good on my last visit.
Gjelina 1
November 13, 2012

I really love this place, though I hate

I really love this place, though I hate the 'no substitutions' policy. But the place is great!
Gjelina 5.0
July 15, 2012

Fabulous atmosphere with even more

Fabulous atmosphere with even more fabulous food. Come here for brunch, order the oysters and any one of the gourmet pizzas.

American (New) Salads Organic
Tips
  • There are free parking lots behind the restaurant on Electric Avenue, one block north of Abbot Kinney.
  • If you want someplace a little less noisy, request a seat in the patio towards the back of the restaurant.
  • Dishes are quite small, so you might want to go tapas style and order several dishes to share.

From OpenTable:

Farm to Table American Bistro.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Gjelina  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 08/19/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
Joe's

James Beach

American in Venice

Canal Club

Sushi in Venice

Gjelina is located near the cities of Venezia, De Witt, Cape May, Marina Del Rey, and Marina Del Ray.
People found this by searching for: Gjelina Restaurant Venice Menu, Gjelina Pictures, Gjelina Venice Restaurant, Gjelina Venice Menu, Gjina Menu Venice, Gjelina Restaurant Menu, Gjelina Reviews, Gjelina Abbot Kinney, and Gjelina Venice.